Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper needs cleaning

• 12-10-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I know this has been covered before but I can't find the thread.

The best thing to use to clean the outside of a camper please.

And no mention of elbow grease if you don't mind:D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've always found Fenwicks to be very good. Also good results with the caravan cleaner from Aldi which was on the shelves last week.

And a bit of elbow grease:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

:eek:eek.

Oh no, not elbow grease!!!

(But thanks for the Aldi tip)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭joed571

i used turtle wax zip wax on mine yesterday, was pleased with the result. even cleaned the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

i have used aldi cleaner and it is very good and cheap . if you have bad black streaks. fenwick black streak remover is very good it lifts tar bugs and road grime for the hard ones a rub with the rough side of a kitchen sponge . i had a go at my camper today it was manky .i am hoping to go up north this week end , to a rally at clougher caravan park. as it is getting near the end of this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

traffic film remover is what we use , cuts through everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

stapeler wrote: »
    I've always found Fenwicks to be very good. Also good results with the caravan cleaner from Aldi which was on the shelves last week.

And a bit of elbow grease:D

I second the Fenwicks recommendation

Thanks everybody, I used the Aldi cleaner and it was excellent.

Didn't need much elbow grease either which was a good thing as that is one thing that I'm always very short of.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pat McGet

I know you have yours cleaned now, but just for your information this is a new product we are using ourselves to clean the motorhomes

http://www.partsformotorhomes.com/product.asp?strPageHistory=home&numSearchStartRecord=0&strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=13425&btnProduct=More+Details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I tried that , and went back to Traffic Film Remover! It looks nice , is about all I could say..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Fenwicks probably the best but mudbuster good too.

• Advertisement

The problem on my 'van was green grime (?) all around the top edges. It's not parked under trees so not sure what it was.
    Tried washing-up liquid and floor cleaner but it was hard work (which I can do without).
    The Aldi cleaner shifted it without any problem and the 'van now looks as white as my soul!:eek:.

Advertisement