Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Garda Vetted for time in Oz

Options
  • 12-10-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Mods, don't know if this would be the correct place to put this so feel free to move.

I have just started doing my postgraduate degree in education in Dublin and have been trying to organise my garda vetting. I have just been informed that I need police cleareance from my time that I spent in Australia, I was there for a total of 10 months last year and returned home in March of this year.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this? I have been onto the Irish embassy in Oz and they have just sent me the link the the AFP website where the forms are there to organise a police check. It just seems a little over the top for what I need, and I am a little unsure if this form applies to non-nationals.

Any help with this matter would be grately appreciated as I have just discovered by accident that this is actually a matter of urgency with college. you think they would have told us sooner :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

sarahb82 wrote: »
    Mods, don't know if this would be the correct place to put this so feel free to move.

I have just started doing my postgraduate degree in education in Dublin and have been trying to organise my garda vetting. I have just been informed that I need police cleareance from my time that I spent in Australia, I was there for a total of 10 months last year and returned home in March of this year.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this? I have been onto the Irish embassy in Oz and they have just sent me the link the the AFP website where the forms are there to organise a police check. It just seems a little over the top for what I need, and I am a little unsure if this form applies to non-nationals.

Any help with this matter would be grately appreciated as I have just discovered by accident that this is actually a matter of urgency with college. you think they would have told us sooner :rolleyes:

That's exactly what you need - it's a quick turnaround (less than a week) and costs $50

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if this was too much detail. I'm glad to hear it only takes a week, on their website they say it can take up to 15 working days, so I was a little worried.

Anyway thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

hussey wrote: »
    That's exactly what you need - it's a quick turnaround (less than a week) and costs $50

Just to confirm, it's $43 (I got it done this week :) ) and you send it to them in the form of a bank cheque.

Advertisement