Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay postage rant mixed with a question at the end

• 12-10-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

im from dublin. i want to buy a product on ebay. so i go to ebay.IE
    i click on the product from the uk. and after wastimg my time , i realise no no no they wont send to anybody outside the uk .
    click on another person and again uk only
    and again
    then i come to a guy and want to charge me 10 euros or free colect in person (so handy) to send it to me
    this is f ucking the stuiptist thing about ebay [rant over, here the Question]

Anybody agree that you should be able to chose max postage rate and filter out the people who will only ship uk?

edit : sorry about poll Question , was cut off

Anybody agree that you should be able to chose max postage rate and filter out the p 2 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

bpb101 wrote: »
    i click on the product from the uk. and after wastimg my time , i realise no no no they wont send to anybody outside the uk .
    and again
    then i come to a guy and want to charge me 10 euros or free colect in person (so handy) to send it to me

Anybody agree that you should be able to chose max postage rate and filter out the people who will only ship uk?

I'm not so sure about the Maximum postage rate, as there's too much logistics as it were about a person's rate, but I understand where you're coming from - some people are just out to make an a buck extra for postage, and I've always wished a concurring amount for postage taking into account weight and country for distribution.

The shipping outside X country should definitely be looked into too. Too often have I bid only for certain settings to be not implemented for the bidding process, even after the seller has been contacted and was fine with shipping outside their own country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Agree with you on the above if you search on ebay.ie it should show only products that ship to Ireland, also have to say I do find most sellers that listed as post to UK only if contacted they will post to Ireland

and again

If you go to Advance Search you can filter by Items "Available to", "Located in" not filter for postage as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

du Maurier wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about the Maximum postage rate, as there's too much logistics as it were about a person's rate, but I understand where you're coming from - some people are just out to make an a buck extra for postage, and I've always wished a concurring amount for postage taking into account weight and country for distribution.

The shipping outside X country should definitely be looked into too. Too often have I bid only for certain settings to be not implemented for the bidding process, even after the seller has been contacted and was fine with shipping outside their own country.

im sure if you contact them and ask them will they ship ire they will. But if it is a bid. ending in a hour, there no point

im sure if you contact them and ask them will they ship ire they will. But if it is a bid. ending in a hour, there no point

Oh I understand that. I was just saying that if you had contacted them well in advance of the auction end and they acquiesced with sending it to outside their country, that most sellers forget to change the settings to allow an outside bidder from what they have stipulated.

It's little things like that. I think the settings shouldn't be structured as such. For example, there have been countless sellers in the UK that have stipulated that they don't send worldwide or outside the UK but were more than amenable to ROI customers to send there. It's happened too often not to think that this hasn't been highlighted enough by ebay.

another thing one seller says in his t&c that you must have a register ebay address.
    but how do you do that
    i have only got a laser and topping up my bank trandsfer. they say somthing about adding a credit card or in usa by mail..
    what's the deal.

• Advertisement

You need to link your card via Paypal. A credit card is only accepted as far as I know.

You need to link your card via Paypal. A credit card is only accepted as far as I know.

yea that what i thought , so what the deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

yea that what i thought , so what the deal?
    Log on to paypal, take from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Oh I understand that. I was just saying that if you had contacted them well in advance of the auction end and they acquiesced with sending it to outside their country, that most sellers forget to change the settings to allow an outside bidder from what they have stipulated.

It's little things like that. I think the settings shouldn't be structured as such. For example, there have been countless sellers in the UK that have stipulated that they don't send worldwide or outside the UK but were more than amenable to ROI customers to send there. It's happened too often not to think that this hasn't been highlighted enough by ebay.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I've never really had that particular issue myself, but I think that eBay should have a "wishlist". Maybe where if they notice that customers consistently mail them asking why it isn't possible to do such and such a thing, that they should put it up as a thread for people to vote on.

My pet hate is sellers who refuse to send stuff abroad. I never again want to be disappointed by seeing stuff they have for sale and get a curt reply back from them saying that they don't ship abroad. I want an ignore list for such dolts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement