Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a Mysterious Book While out in Waterford

• 12-10-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Myself and a couple of friends were out in waterford over the past week. Having the "Banter" as you would call it. Anyway were hanging out camping in this small forest down by this rocky beach. Up the road from it is also another forest on the side of a really large hill. The only way up into it is through a straight path that is pretty much overgrown with torns. so we head up into it .

I wanted to show them the fairytale mushrooms that i know i had seen there when i was a kid,you know the red mushrooms with white spots,anyways theres no avail,and we end up drinking a few cans.by this time its dark and its started to lash.and we run down the hill through the forest when i catch my foot on the root of a tree and smash my face into the ground.no one hears me cus well its lashin and pitch black.

This is where **** gets scary,pretty much to my immediate left is a book. Big thick black covered book.Anyways i pull it over to me and get up and continue to trudge soaked back to the tent which is 10mins or so away.

Get back and show the lads and the book is pretty terrifying.Filled with hand drawn pentagrams and diagrams and old english thats really hard to understand.Almost like anglo saxon.I dunno and then other parts are like italian or latin.

Is there anywhere i can bring this book to be looked at? we've just taken a pitstop at one of my mates house on the way back to dublin. So if anyone is interested in the next couple of days I can post up pictures.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

please post some pictures, front and back covers. and some of the inside chapters etc.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Farland

I will.

Should i be afraid.its pretty god damn creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

pics or it didn't happen!

Farland wrote: »
    I will.

Depends. Are you afraid of the bogey man?
    At the end of the day, a book is just a book. Would be interesting to see some scans though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

pics pleese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

awww ,go on,go on,go,on.....still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 K2011

You should immediately return it to the spot where you found it, and cover just enough with foliage so that the owner will spot it but not any other passer by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Who knows you could make a bit of money off it. Ancient curses could be an issue for you though

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

So?? What happened with the book? Would love to hear about it and a pity you didn't put up a pic of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

Farland wrote: »
    I will.

Farland hasn't been active since this post.:eek: I see an amateur footage hollywood blockbuster in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

I think that Farland might not have been telling the truth.....I reckon that he and his mates DID find the 'shrooms, which in turn stimulated an already over-active imagination. :rolleyes:

Advertisement