Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring System for elderly parent

Options
  • 12-10-2011 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm looking for some sort system that can monitor my mom in her own home. she is not ready to go into a carehome and she wants to stay in her own house. We have looked at personal alarms/panic buttons but want something more in case something happens and she cant use it..... anyone know of anything??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 connorcarroll

Just been looking online and came across Sensormind..... does anyone know anything about their system??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,700 ✭✭✭✭altor

That is very expensive for the year, does not say if equipment is included in the price either.

If she has an alarm installed already then one of these could be added to the system if there was a dialer installed that would alert you. Connecting this to a Visonic system would be better though as you would be able to activate the two way voice on the system and talk to her or listen into her home.

Thanks altor, but that seems alot bigger and more obtrusive than a personal alarm.
    The Sensormind system appears to include a personal alarm with the system. the equip & config of it is only €199...... but i was hoping to see if anyone knows about it or used something like it (tho it seems to be new to the markert??)....

You could use one of these then. It can either ring up to 4 private phones or be connected to a monitoring station. It comes with the unit to connect to the phone and a wrist or neck pendant.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Or this one . This is very flexable in what it can alert you for.
    From ignored pill alerts to letting you know someone is not up or has not arrived home by using regular Visonic PiRs.
    Also has very impressive 2 way speech.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, but.... These are all units/pendents that she needs to have on her. She wont or will not wear them. I'm looking for something unobtrusive, like the sensormind thing..... The Sensormind thing looks IDEAL but just wanna know if anyone knows about it??

Unobtrusive and very expensive at €40 per month to self monitor.
    Like there system both systems myself and koolkid linked to can have inactivity programmed to alert either the monitoring station or a family member of no movement in the premises. This is all sensormind will be looking for outside predefined times.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

€40 a month is a bit much. Even PAL is only about €30 . And that works anywhere as well ;)

How much does your equipment cost???? do u sell it?

PAL units are €360 & €30 per month. plus vat .

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    PAL units are €360 & €30 per month. plus vat .

That works out the same as the sensormind system so (their prices are incl vat) and the hardware costs less at €199.
    Theirs looks the better option for me i think... but thanks for the input!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cjb1a

Thanks altor, but that seems alot bigger and more obtrusive than a personal alarm.
    The Sensormind system appears to include a personal alarm with the system. the equip & config of it is only €199...... but i was hoping to see if anyone knows about it or used something like it (tho it seems to be new to the markert??)....
    Hi connorcarroll
    I have experience with the Sensormind system if you need some help

Advertisement