Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom lies from engineer & customer service.

Options
  • 12-10-2011 5:03pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How does Eircom justify that their alarms are ok to connect to a phone but not anyone elses.
    The Story:
    A customer call me today asking why did we connect the alarm to her Eircom line for monitoring?:confused:
    Thats how its done I explained. She went on to tell me she rang Eircom with a fault on her phone. The engineer arrived yesterday , opened the phone connection
    Engineer : oh you have an alarm connected to this?
    Customer : Yes
    Engineer: Thats the problem, your alarm company caused the problem, you can't have an alarm & a phone connected to the same line.
    Customer : But I've had both for ages.
    Engineer: Well you can't which do you want, which do you want, your alarm working or your phone line.
    The customer then rang customer support about this:
    CS : Well thats all the engineer can do. You will be charged for the call . Thats our line you shouldn't have conneced anything to it. Its meant for a phone nothing else.
    (Phonewatch is fine though I'd imagine;))

I arrived today & rewired the junction the engineer was at & all worked fine. 10 minutes work & I never had to go near the alarm.
    How long more are Eircom going to keep lying to customers.??:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

Eircom phonewatch isn't owned by eircom, so it shouldn't be connected there i suppose.. They just use the same name and logo after it was sold on a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

try a different CS agent usually i find you get different information from each of them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Eircom phonewatch isn't owned by eircom, so it shouldn't be connected there
    What Shouldn't be connected there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

KoolKid wrote: »
    How does Eircom justify that their alarms are ok to connect to a phone but not anyone elses.
    The Story:
    A customer call me today asking why did we connect the alarm to her Eircom line for monitoring?:confused:
    Thats how its done I explained. She went on to tell me she rang Eircom with a fault on her phone. The engineer arrived yesterday , opened the phone connection
    Engineer : oh you have an alarm connected to this?
    Customer : Yes
    Engineer: Thats the problem, your alarm company caused the problem, you can't have an alarm & a phone connected to the same line.
    Customer : But I've had both for ages.
    Engineer: Well you can't which do you want, which do you want, your alarm working or your phone line.
    The customer then rang customer support about this:
    CS : Well thats all the engineer can do. You will be charged for the call . Thats our line you shouldn't have conneced anything to it. Its meant for a phone nothing else.
    (Phonewatch is fine though I'd imagine;))

I arrived today & rewired the junction the engineer was at & all worked fine. 10 minutes work & I never had to go near the alarm.
    How long more are Eircom going to keep lying to customers.??:eek:

Hi KoolKid,

This query is very similar to a previous thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70994586

I am afraid Tony has investigated the issue and we have issued a response. I appreciate you may not be happy with the outcome but we are not going to go through the same basic issue again.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Mark,
    Similar, ???
    The thread you linked to is about Eircom lying to customers about UPC lines.
    This thread is about customers being lied to about an Eircom line.
    The engineer basically told the customer you can't have an alarm and a phone on the same line. How does phone watch work so? ??
    The only other similarity I see is again the reps here trying to be selective about what they answer and what they don't.
    Can you clarify the policy here & how similarities are defined ?
    Surely a phone line and an alarm is not enough grounds to refuse to address an issue.
    There are numerous issues that could connect both.
    I think if the policy here is to choose what is adressed everyone needs to be aware of how such decisions are made. Otherwise it looks like eircom are just being selective and I don't think you want to look like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi Mark,
    Similar, ???
    The thread you linked to is about Eircom lying to customers about UPC lines.
    This thread is about customers being lied to about an Eircom line.
    The engineer basically told the customer you can't have an alarm and a phone on the same line. How does phone watch work so? ??
    The only other similarity I see is again the reps here trying to be selective about what they answer and what they don't.
    Can you clarify the policy here & how similarities are defined ?
    Surely a phone line and an alarm is not enough grounds to refuse to address an issue.
    There are numerous issues that could connect both.
    I think if the policy here is to choose what is adressed everyone needs to be aware of how such decisions are made. Otherwise it looks like eircom are just being selective and I don't think you want to look like that.

Hi KoolKid,

If the customer in question wishes to have the issue investigated. By all means we will look into it if they want to get in touch with us.

Thanks, Mark

Still refusing to address it so.
    So to clarify, in this forum will issues only be addressed if posted by an Eircom customer ?
    In the interests of transparency can you please list ,either here or in the charter, what issues ye will not address.
    As for the customer contacting you. She is contacting UPC instead.
    Another account lost due to blatent lies on behalf of Eircom.
    Its no wonder I am switching alarms to UPC every week.
    Keep the head in the sand and keep lying to customers .All the one to me.
    I would still, however, request you clarify the policy on this forum of what the reps here are willing to address and what you choose to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is an eircom customer support forum, not a general forum for everything eircom related. If your business has an issue with what eircom told one of your customers, then eircom customer support is not what you need to be contacting.

either the customer needs to submit a complaint to eircom about being given wrong information, or your company should submit one about the engineer giving wrong information. I don't see how this can go anywhere on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement