Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie, totally realistic asking prices

Options
  • 12-10-2011 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd flip this on it's head - if anyone comes across properties that are actually worth the asking price, or even slightly over, please post here. Presumably, when posts in this thread outnumber the 'unrealistic' thread, we are at the bottom, and everyone can go out and start the next bubble :D

I'll start with the below. Before anyone says, yes, I do know the area very well, and no I wouldn't want to live there. The rental figure looks aspirational at best, but the yield would still be decent enough at around 550-600, which seems more like what they would get.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=590193

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1113193

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

The properties that ARE realistically priced sell surprisingly fast. I've seen a few posted on daft and, except where there's a chain or problems with a bank, they've all sold within weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

mrgaa1 wrote: »

Looks about on the money alright. You might get 450+ in rental, but will be very hard to rent and could have long gaps in rental income.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Money Shot wrote: »
    Looks about on the money alright. You might get 450+ in rental, but will be very hard to rent and could have long gaps in rental income.

It says 'make a reasonable offer, get a reasonable response'. I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Snakeblood wrote: »
    It says 'make a reasonable offer, get a reasonable response'. I like that.

Another nice one :D
    Please also note that the GOOGLE StreetMap view is not representative of how it looks today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement