Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Merge? Have your say.

• 12-10-2011 5:18pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's been suggested in the Limerick City forum that it should be merged with Limerick County.

I don't know if it's technically possible, but for now I want to know if the regulars here would be in favour of such a change.

The poll will be open for the next 7 days to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it.

Should the Limerick City and County fora be merged? 58 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    89% 52 votes
    No strong feelings either way.
    10% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Can't vote on mobile site, put me down for a yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

I've only been viewing boards for about 5 weeks but the Limerick county section does seem rather quiet compared to some, but I suppose keeping its own identity must be important to some. But I don't mind either way, sure its only a click away when you go to Midwest board. Just my 2c worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Although I live in County, I very rarely look on the forum. There always seems to be more happening on the City threads.

BTW, when I voted in the Poll, the results were hidden. Is this deliberate or are you just keeping the vote a secret so you can do the merge anyway?

Conspiracy, I tell ye, conspiracy :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm keeping the tallies hidden until the poll is closed, the idea being to prevent any shenanigans (like people who don't have a real interest voting just to sway the result one way or another). The results will be open to everyone next Wednesday evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Will Co. Clare be included in this new forum too?:D

I'd like to see this happen across a few counties as the county threads can get very quiet from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I'm keeping the tallies hidden until the poll is closed, the idea being to prevent any shenanigans (like people who don't have a real interest voting just to sway the result one way or another). The results will be open to everyone next Wednesday evening. :)

Aah, now I see. I'll come back next week so :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

staker wrote: »
    Will Co. Clare be included in this new forum too?:D

I'd like to see this happen across a few counties as the county threads can get very quiet from time to time.

When Clareman and Tremelo were added to the mod team it led to great revivals in the Clare and Tipp fora. I reckon they'll be healthy enough to survive on their own as they are! :p

Drifter's had no effect on this one though... >_>

<_<

I gave this poll a week, and it still got CMod and Admin attention last Wednesday. :)

The poll gives a clear result. I still have to wait to hear back about the technical side of it though. I'll post updates as soon as I get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I gave this poll a week, and it still got CMod and Admin attention last Wednesday. :)

The poll gives a clear result. I still have to wait to hear back about the technical side of it though. I'll post updates as soon as I get them.

You march in there, tell them what you want, and don't take no for an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

When Clareman and Tremelo were added to the mod team it led to great revivals in the Clare and Tipp fora. I reckon they'll be healthy enough to survive on their own as they are! :p

Drifter's had no effect on this one though... >_>

<_<

Training tonight. that is all.

• Advertisement

Training tonight. that is all.

I won't be in tonight. :P

(Not because I'm afraid or anything! There's a chance I may have a job, and today is the first day of my trial there. \o/ )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I won't be in tonight. :P

(Not because I'm afraid or anything! There's a chance I may have a job, and today is the first day of my trial there. \o/ )

your afraid...I get it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Dont see why u need to. there is nothing wrong with having 2 boards and takes seconds to switch between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Merge - takes away the "well my post is more relevant to the county - but more people will see it in the city forum" conundrum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

With over 80% of people in the poll in favour of merging the forums as well as the sentiment of most in the threads on the topic we will be merging the threads this week sometime.

Thanks everyone for contributing to the decision making process, we may implement some kind of tagging system recgonising City & County topics, but that will come later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will the new forum be called Limerick or Limerick City & County? or just Limerick County

Good question! I'd be happy with it just being called "Limerick". The "City and County" parts can be added into the forum description box. Others may prefer something else though.

Advertisement