Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants Rights

Options
  • 12-10-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum or not but anyways.

My housemate has been told he's been getting kicked out over having too many late night sessions. He had one last Friday which ended in the landlord coming in and telling everyone to leave. He was given a verbal warning for this before and came to an agreement with the landlady that if it happened again he'd be out. Then on Monday he got a phonecall from the estate agent telling him that he had until Friday to get his things and go.

He accepts that he's going to have to leave but wants to know do they have the right to kick him out and only giving him four days notice. We all signed a joint lease together and only one person so far has broken any of the rules in the contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I'm quite sure if I'm correct but I think even if a tenant is being an extreme nuisance to neighbours they have to be given at least 7 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

He seems a good deal more concerned about his own rights as a tenant than he was about the rights of your neighbours.

Round of applause to the landlord for being a good landlord. We need a few more like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

4 days me hole, he would hav the same rights even if he raped his neighbours and there offspring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

glenjamin wrote: »
    4 days me hole, he would hav the same rights even if he raped his neighbours and there offspring

Eh no...he'd have a very small room in a very crowded prison if he did that

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

glenjamin wrote: »
    He had one last Friday which ended in the landlord coming in and telling everyone to leave. He was given a verbal warning for this before and came to an agreement with the landlady that if it happened again he'd be out. Then on Monday he got a phonecall from the estate agent telling him that he had until Friday to get his things and go.
    Friday to Friday is seven days. Maybe he forgot that he was told to GTFO?

• Advertisement
Advertisement