Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review of Secondary School Website

• 12-10-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently I was asked to build a website for the school I used to go to. The previous website was very hard to maintain and they wanted a backend system so they could add/edit pages/articles with ease. So I started from scratch and designed and implemented a CMS into it.

I just want to get your opinions on it. It's not finished yet content wise, I'm still waiting for content to go into some pages like the Sports page etc.

http://cbscharleville.com

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What are the main goals of the site?

This may be somewhat relevant:

university_website.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

Niall09, Trojan gave you an awesome piece of advice.

Technology-wise: quite clean from the design point of view, given that you are incorporating school colours of green and red.
    You have to pay more attention to on-page SEO activities. No meta description, no alts on images, "Welcome" in H1 tag.

You urls are rewritten in a bit of confusing form. Any particular reason why you keep index.php in there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As someone who often has to visit rural schools, a map showing the location, or a Loc8 code would be a big help. Everyone in Charleville may well know where the school is, but schools get many visitors from outside their local area.

It looks very clean and un-cluttered.

Advertisement