Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will VHI Plan B (Family option) cover the full cost?

Options
  • 12-10-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I'm going in to hospital to have my appendix removed, and I'm just wondering if VHI plan B will cover the full cost of the operation done at a The Hermitage or The Beacon, one of the private hospitals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Yes Plan B Options will provide full cover for day case procedure in a private hospital or full cover for a semi private room in a private hospital. Accommodation costs & inpatient consultant fees will be included in this bill.SO if the total cost for 3 days stay is €2,000 - you will not have to pay anything.

€51 of your outpatient consultant visit is allowable towards your outpatient excess which is €250.

€20 is allowable for gp visits towards your excess.

After all the receipts are added up at the end of the year, if you have reached your excess, the balance will be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

I'd recommend contacting VHI to be sure. There may be waiting periods still on your policy which would affect your cover. Also check with them that the consultants are fully participating with VHI. They almost certainly are, but getter to be safe than sorry.

Advertisement