Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom not interested!!!

Options
  • 12-10-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,
    hope I'm in the right place.In the lucky position of having all my contracts for TV,Mobiles,BB/Phone all due to end this month.Sent letters,emails etc. to them all saying I was considering changing to different operators.Only UPC got back to me offering a pretty good deal if I would have the triple play with them.The thing that really disappointed me was Eircom showed no interest in keeping me as their customer.I've been with them for years for bb/phone and never had a problem, they were great! My mobiles are with emobile so Eircom actually gets €120/€130 pm from me.Are they so flushed that they just could'nt be bothered with my custom? Sorry if I rambled a bit. Would be interested if anyone else had the same experience.
    Thanks sampor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

i recently ended my contract with Eircom. Their hands seem to be tied when it comes to offering good deals. All that i was offererd was packages on emobile/broadband that really didn't suit my usage. i went with o2 in the end for my mobile as the gave me a good deal. i also went for UPC for my Broadband and home phone as thir product was superior to everyone elses for the cost.

I stayed with Sky for the TV asw it's the dogs bollix IMO.

FWIW Eircom are not flushed. They'll soon be out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sampor

Hi Newbie2,
    you could be right about Eircom being limited in what they can offer and not having the flexibility of UPC and Sky. I have'nt taken the offer from UPC yet. as I'm thinking about Sky for tv and Upc for bb and phone just like yourself.I kind of prefare the idea of having different op's for those services.I make a lot of international calls to mobiles and from what I've seen Tesco seem to be about the best on prices.
    sampor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

sampor wrote: »
    Hi Newbie2,
    you could be right about Eircom being limited in what they can offer and not having the flexibility of UPC and Sky. I have'nt taken the offer from UPC yet. as I'm thinking about Sky for tv and Upc for bb and phone just like yourself.I kind of prefare the idea of having different op's for those services.I make a lot of international calls to mobiles and from what I've seen Tesco seem to be about the best on prices.
    sampor

Hi sampor,

I am sorry you felt eircom did not do enough to keep your custom. In regards to packages and promotions, sometimes we can not match the customers in terms of price. We can only offer customers the available packages and promotions as per regulations.

However if you ever consider coming back to eircom feel free to contact us and we can outline any promotions available at the time.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sampor

Thanks for your reply Mark,
    I understand where you are coming from,it's just a shame to leave a service that's been very good.But the difference in costs is just too big to ignore particularly when money is tight.

Regards sampor

Advertisement