Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Golf at Tramore Golf Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

scout353 wrote: »
    Tramore Golf Club having Open day next Wednesday for prospective members to promote their new nine holes and the redesigned and upgraded championship course!

Details here!

http://www.tramoregolfclub.com/tramore-gc-news/104-complimentry-golf-at-tramore.html

Nice 1 man. Ya'll need to book pronto, not many times left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭south

Do you have to be with a member or do you just give them a call and book a time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Just give them a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

How the mighty have fallen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

roco71 wrote: »
    How the mighty have fallen

Not so much as how the mighty have fallen but a bit of reality and some lateral thinking!

I'm sure many clubs are experiencing a drop in members and increased pressure so opening the course to allow others to experience it is a good idea!

The Try before You Buy option is always welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭south

Thanks op. booked up for wednesday morning with a few of the lads

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yeah I wouldn't say its a case of the mighty have fallen, simply a case of the membership having been closed for the last number of years as each golf club can only accommodate a certain number of members so people couldn't get in.

As others have said, the times have changed and former members have chosen not to renew their membership for various reasons so now they are opening it to new members.

Faithlegg did something similar last year iirc with 2 month summer memberships to get new members to jpin, the have also gotten rid of their initial subscription fees which were fairly substantial from what I recall.

Just a sign of the times we live in.

Tox

Well, had a great day out there yesterday! Must say the course is in fantastic condition and free coffee when I came in was appreciated.

They are offering membership without joining fee until the end of November and also have a 3 or 5 year plan as well. €2600 for 3 years sounds ok! Now where to find €2.5k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

How many holes could you play 18 or 27?

decies wrote: »
    How many holes could you play 18 or 27?

We played the Old Course so 18! Don't know if the other 9 was available but I didn't play it! It was open as there is a sign by the pro shop but maybe the members went out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement