Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

getting the same

just updated, now it wont connect to XBL. when i run diagnostic, it connects to network, it connects to internet, but not to Live

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

as crackity said

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status
    XBOX LIVE Service
    Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
    A subset of users will experience issues viewing Beacon activity under the "My Activity" and "My Beacons" tab.
    Signing into Xbox LIVE from an Xbox console
    We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

yep, i am. won't connect to live. Tried to test connection, connects to internet fine then fails on the live test.

Then underneath, it says live status: service alert. It appears they have messed something up, on the xbox site it says they "are trying to rectify the problem".

Bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

just connected there through the xbox button on ur controller, dont know if it makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Yeah got in, in the actual game where it it asks you to connect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There's problems with live at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So the cloud storage, to use it, you don't move your profiles up, you just chuck a save game up and it handles it all from there...keeping it in sync...

Then you just recover your profile on another console, launch and select the game on the cloud...

Attempting it here now, updating my old xbox elite so the girlfriend can play the sims 3 pets here and at her house, no copying saves and profiles on keys.

EDIT: Sims 3 pets saves won't work this way due to the online pass, the saves won't load on the other console, can't move the online pass to the cloud either, another reason to hate these damn passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    So the cloud storage, to use it, you don't move your profiles up, you just chuck a save game up and it handles it all from there...keeping it in sync...

Then you just recover your profile on another console, launch and select the game on the cloud...

Attempting it here now, updating my old xbox elite so the girlfriend can play the sims 3 pets here and at her house, no copying saves and profiles on keys.

EDIT: Sims 3 pets saves won't work this way due to the online pass, the saves won't load on the other console, can't move the online pass to the cloud either, another reason to hate these damn passes.

Yeah got stung with that myself for a few games, the online pass is tiny though so redownloading it isn't a big deal really, annoying none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is xbox still down for anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Been able to play all evening/night

It's down for some people but not for others it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not for me.

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah got stung with that myself for a few games, the online pass is tiny though so redownloading it isn't a big deal really, annoying none the less.

Never thought of just redownloading it on the other console...

That's ok to do, having the online pass on both consoles, hardly have to purchase one for the second console?

Surprised how slow the syncing of saves is, even for small saves, it takes an age once the console is turned off.

Anyone's open NAT now set to Moderate after the update?

Mine has gone from Open to Moderate, and there is nothing I can do about it, it seems.

I set my Open NAT using the guide stickied in this forum ages ago.

Anyone else got the same issue?

Not sure but the update might have reset your network connection back to default settings and you may need to enter the static IP again.

If that doesn't work, please post this question in the stickied NAT thread, as it'll drag this off-topic otherwise, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Back on topic what is everyone's opinion of this "update" so far?
    It seems like a load of overhyped nonsense at the moment eg half the features announced at e3 are a no show.MS would really want to deliver soon

On a thought it would be great if the background was customizeable eg a picture.

Yeah thats something i was gonna ask about, whats the craic with themes now?
    have they just all been binned with?

Well, its nice to look at, but it was easier find things with the old dash.

It seems to take a few more clicks to get where you are going now with the exception of Quick play of course.

Ya themes are practically binned now, mine is just set to a grey.

Still far too much advertising on it.

Plus the fact that we have no TV providers and no apps, really makes this a bit of a non event.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well, its nice to look at, but it was easier find things with the old dash.

It seems to take a few more clicks to get where you are going now with the exception of Quick play of course.

Ya themes are practically binned now, mine is just set to a grey.

Still far too much advertising on it.

Plus the fact that we have no TV providers and no apps, really makes this a bit of a non event.

Exactly it is a bit of a non event having no apps..is there much different on the UK dash? It seems that they released incomplete work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Back on topic what is everyone's opinion of this "update" so far? .

I like it, been using it for a few weeks now and amazed at how quick I got used to it. I have kinect and a WP7 phone so I can use the controller, gesture, voice or my phone to controll my console..... its crazy at this stage but welcome.

I still feel hard done by though looking at vids online of people in the US using the new dash scrolling past pages upon pages of quality content that we cant get. It looks super full of actually usefull stuff as opposed to xbox light in this region

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

hightower1 wrote: »
    I like it, been using it for a few weeks now and amazed at how quick I got used to it. I have kinect and a WP7 phone so I can use the controller, gesture, voice or my phone to controll my console..... its crazy at this stage but welcome.

I still feel hard done by though looking at vids online of people in the US using the new dash scrolling past pages upon pages of quality content that we cant get. It looks super full of actually usefull stuff as opposed to xbox light in this region

Agreed, without quality content there isn't anything to get excited about in this update.

Can anyone find demos? :confused:

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Can anyone find demos? :confused:

Isn't games marketplace divided into tabs, like Games, Add-ons and Demos???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I was excited when I saw an "app store" but then I saw it consisted of sky and twitter. I am disappoint....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭White Wolf Airsoft

Guys WTF when i login to xbox live on the new dash it just freezes happening to my mates too whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Guys I had issues signing into live even though the connection was fine. I signed out of my profile, went to the sign in screen and selected recover gamertag. My profile was then downloaded to the Xbox and I'm back in live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi

Downloaded the new dashboard last night fine, not sure if I like it suppose just give it time, would be good if u had kinect because you could skip buttons, but with the controller it's a bit messy, but would not make me buy the kinect.

Thought we were going to be able to on to youtube, and were is all the apps, like what is the point in having an app marketplace and no apps!!!!

Also are we not going to get any of the players i.e. BBC player etc, I know we might not get that as it will only be in the Uk, but how about some other ones.

A lot of hype but nothing to get too excite about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi

Downloaded the new dashboard last night fine, not sure if I like it suppose just give it time, would be good if u had kinect because you could skip buttons, but with the controller it's a bit messy, but would not make me buy the kinect.

Thought we were going to be able to on to youtube, and were is all the apps, like what is the point in having an app marketplace and no apps!!!!

Also are we not going to get any of the players i.e. BBC player etc, I know we might not get that as it will only be in the Uk, but how about some other ones.

A lot of hype but nothing to get too excite about

this struck me yesterday evening also. i have kinect so i've been playing with the novelty of the voice commands since the update came out but last night i was just trying to flick quickly between videos and games with the controller and i was struck by how awkward it is. perhaps i need to get used it was much quicker on the old dash

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

@ theteal. Yea but sure if u have kinect all u have to do is tell the xbox what u want, will not need to use the controler?????:D

Dailymotion now on the appstore at last something!

Dailymotion now on the appstore at last something!

None on mine, sigh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

theteal wrote: »
    this struck me yesterday evening also. i have kinect so i've been playing with the novelty of the voice commands since the update came out but last night i was just trying to flick quickly between videos and games with the controller and i was struck by how awkward it is. perhaps i need to get used it was much quicker on the old dash
    Are you using the bumpers to get from tab to tab? It's quite fast that way. I can see why you'd think the movement was awkward if you were only using the stick to get around.

Advertisement