Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Are you using the bumpers to get from tab to tab? It's quite fast that way. I can see why you'd think the movement was awkward if you were only using the stick to get around.

did not cop that yet, much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

http://m.digitalspy.ie/gaming/news/a354430/xbox-360-entertainment-apps-dated.html Apologies if this has been posted already.

Dec. 6:
    EPIX (USA)
    ESPN on Xbox LIVE (USA)
    Hulu (Japan)
    Hulu Plus (USA)
    LOVEFiLM (UK)
    Netflix (Canada, USA)
    Premium Play by MediaSet (Italy)
    Sky Go (Austria, Germany)
    Telefónica España - Movistar Imagenio (Spain)
    TODAY MSNBC (USA)

Later in December:
    4 on Demand (United Kingdom)
    ABC iView (Australia)
    AlloCiné/Filmstarts/Sensacine/Screenrush (France, Germany, Spain, UK)
    Astral Media's Disney XD (Canada)
    blinkbox (UK)
    Crackle (Australia, Canada, UK, USA)
    Dailymotion (Available in 32 countries globally)
    Demand 5 - Channel five (UK)
    DIGI+ - CANAL+ (Spain)
    GolTV (Spain)
    iHeartRadio (USA)
    Mediathek/ZDF (Germany)
    MSN (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, UK)
    MSNBC.com. (USA)
    MUZU.TV (Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, UK)
    ninemsn (Australia)
    Real Sports - Maple Leaf Sports (Canada)
    Rogers On Demand Online (Canada)
    SBS ON DEMAND (Australia)
    TMZ (Canada, USA)
    TVE (Spain)
    UFC on Xbox LIVE (Canada, USA)
    Verizon (USA)
    VEVO (Canada, Ireland, UK, USA)
    Vudu (USA)
    YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally)

Early 2012:
    Antena 3 (Spain)
    BBC (UK)
    CinemaNow (USA)
    HBO GO (USA)
    MLB.TV (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States)
    Telenovelas/Sports (Brazil, Chile, Colombia, France, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom)
    Xfinity On Demand (United States)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dailymotion is there on my irish account now , gives an error when you try to download it though.

Not sure if it will appear for all though as I'm still in the beta thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

calex71 wrote: »
    Dailymotion is there on my irish account now , gives an error when you try to download it though.

Not sure if it will appear for all though as I'm still in the beta thingy.

Same for me asked ms about it they said my connection is timing out but its still not working after several attempts - I'm in beta too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

For you dashboard previewers from Major Nelson Twitter :
    Larry Hryb If you are in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program, you can watch tonight's UFC Event for free on Xbox LIVE. Details http://t.co/KT6Y0NbB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Fieldog wrote: »
    For you dashboard previewers from Major Nelson Twitter :
    Larry Hryb If you are in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program, you can watch tonight's UFC Event for free on Xbox LIVE. Details http://t.co/KT6Y0NbB

Yeah......for US accounts. Remember, we have diet xbox live here.

On a plus side you tube is not active also, good luck using it though, keeps failing to download and if it does download when you select the tile it just comes up as downloading again.

MUZUtv is cool though, nice content and the coice controls work over video playback too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I just realised that those big central squares on each blade(?) that have 3 or 4 different screens on a loop can be cycled through with the right analogue stick.
    Which is a lot handier than waiting for it to go to the one you want. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Still in th preview program here too and also get the error for Dailymotion.

Plus now the Youtube app is on the dash and available for download but when I try to download it gets to almost the very end before saying app cant be downloaded. Seems like others are getting that response from looking at the Connect site.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Still in th preview program here too and also get the error for Dailymotion.

Plus now the Youtube app is on the dash and available for download but when I try to download it gets to almost the very end before saying app cant be downloaded. Seems like others are getting that response from looking at the Connect site.

It downloads for me , youtube that is but I get can't launch youtube message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Got it working there, its good... make sure to turn the filter off btw.
    One thing it suffers from is the text input method is so slow, not specific to the app just the restriction of having to use that dammed scroll list for each letter. Time to invest in one of those controller keyboards me thinks.

Handy out to have it. Usually when I have house parties I hook up my laptop or tablet to the tv and essentially we have a juke box then, if you have your xbox in the living room this would be a sweet edition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

YouTube and muzu working fine for me. Have to authorise youtube via internet. Good to have them although the menus don't seem the best quality picture wise.

Working for me now too, thanks fook for chatpads !!!!!

One thing that the dailymotion app has over this one is even though pretty much identical the dailymotion one let you scal videos to fit screen.

Edit: Also pity there is no way to get it to support the youtube remote phone app to Q things now that would be sweet.

Edit 2 : Wow muzu is the business , most useful app so far as all it returns is proper music videos it's like mtv with no rubbish reality shows or ads and supports scaling too.

makes me wonder how long it will be before these apps get littered with ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭techdiver

Did anyone else with kinect notice that officially the Bing voice search is disabled for Ireland but it randomly actually appears as an option on Kinect when I'm using it. It works perfect when I do.

The sequence for me was I downloaded and updated the xbox dashboard on Friday night. Signed into xbox live and Bing search was still working. Then after a one search it disappeared from the kinect menu.

Then yesterday I signed in again and boom, the option was there again and working. I wonder what's going on? If it's a bug that's allowing it to work in Ireland I hope the bug doesn't get fixed! ;)

Working for me now too, thanks fook for chatpads !!!!!

One thing that the dailymotion app has over this one is even though pretty much identical the dailymotion one let you scal videos to fit screen.

Edit: Also pity there is no way to get it to support the youtube remote phone app to Q things now that would be sweet.

Edit 2 : Wow muzu is the business , most useful app so far as all it returns is proper music videos it's like mtv with no rubbish reality shows or ads and supports scaling too.

makes me wonder how long it will be before these apps get littered with ads :(

+1 on that muzu is brilliant the best thing ever to come to the xbox - searching is a bit frustrating but no so bad as it sort of guesses with a partial name.If only you search using kinect.Excellent with a headset.

Is it just me or is there no search function on youtube?

+1 on that muzu is brilliant the best thing ever to come to the xbox - searching is a bit frustrating but no so bad as it sort of guesses with a partial name.If only you search using kinect.Excellent with a headset.

Is it just me or is there no search function on youtube?

Press Y I think, can you search using a headset without Kinect?

Press Y I think, can you search using a headset without Kinect?

I think you misunderstood you don't need kinect to search I was implying that it would be great if you could voice search (using kinect).

There does not appear to by any search function (as is on Muzu),Must you press Y for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

How you guys getting Youtube and MUZU?

Batesy wrote: »
    How you guys getting Youtube and MUZU?

They're in the BETA program.

I think you misunderstood you don't need kinect to search I was implying that it would be great if you could voice search (using kinect).

There does not appear to by any search function (as is on Muzu),Must you press Y for this?

Ah got ya , not sure about the search ........ checks....... yes it's the same over all apps pretty much , in MUZU you either press LB to go to the left and select the search button on screen or just press Y anywhere in the app.

Edit: It was driving me mad as to how to book mark in MUZU because when you move the left stick you can see the button but not get to it, oddly using the d-pad let me move to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ah got ya , not sure about the search ........ checks....... yes it's the same over all apps pretty much , in MUZU you either press LB to go to the left and select the search button on screen or just press Y anywhere in the app.

Edit: It was driving me mad as to how to book mark in MUZU because when you move the left stick you can see the button but not get to it, oddly using the d-pad let me move to it

ha ha, i had the exact same problem earlier, solved it by accident. that muzu thing is quality, i wasted nearly 2 hours earlier just looking at old videos. they're all now bookmarked, the stereo is now defunct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Anyone know if ,now we have youtube, can the video player play flvs off a flash drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Nope, it uses the MP4 version of Youtube that iPhones and other not flash compatible devices use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

YouTube is available now to the masses and MUZU.tv can be downloaded but the servers aren't available.

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    YouTube is available now to the masses and MUZU.tv can be downloaded but the servers aren't available.

Seems to be problems with Muzu at the moment server not available anyone else getting the same message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Seems to be working grand for me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Working fine for me too.

youtube works so dam well. So much more than i expected it to, tbh.

How is it with kinect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Youtube and the music video app are pure class.Hopefully more apps become available soon but they are definitively moving in the right direction:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Handy being able to watch Youtube on the tv,works perfectly and looks great too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Any recommended channels for youtube any one? Never really bothered with it before.

Advertisement