Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Handy being able to watch Youtube on the tv,works perfectly and looks great too!

good stuff so youtubes released? anything else in the apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Meatwad wrote: »
    Any recommended channels for youtube any one? Never really bothered with it before.

EPICMEALTIME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

does 4oD work on XBOX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Srooney03 wrote: »
    does 4oD work on XBOX?
    No, not yet but the sky player is on it and it's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    No, not yet but the sky player is on it and it's fantastic!

Really? Has it vastly improved was not great before.

Patsy I see your in tipp:D aswell send me your gt..
    That gives me an idea it would be great to have a gt list here of who's in the preview kind of a little club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Any recommended channels for youtube any one? Never really bothered with it before.
    Theres so many youre best deciding which type of video you like first..big newspapers have their own channels..then there's bloggers...it's endless almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

YouTube and muzu working fine for me. Have to authorise youtube via internet. Good to have them although the menus don't seem the best quality picture wise.

What are the actual video clip qualities like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

kleefarr wrote: »
    What are the actual video clip qualities like?

Yea they're fine actually. It's great to have all my uploaded videos on the big screen. Voice control works really well with uploaded videos too. It was recognising names I'd called videos and fairly sharpish too

yup works great, looks pretty slick, good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has anyone else got massive black borderes on the video apps? Maybe just my set up over pc monitor ? I'll try on my TV over weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Pressing Y or one of the shoulder buttons changes the ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Miss hannah minxs Japanese word of the week.....brilliant if your intrested in learning conversational Japanese.

and going blind

hightower1 wrote: »
    Miss hannah minxs Japanese word of the week.....brilliant if your intrested in learning conversational Japanese.

and going blind

boobs for the win!!!!!!

So minxy!!!!!! :D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Pressing Y or one of the shoulder buttons changes the ratio.

There borders are there on the app itself not just when playing a video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hightower1 wrote: »

and going blind

Subscribed. liked, and ticked to watch later (again)....:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive just been playing Arkham City since before and after the dashboard update. I only downloaded the new update last night and there no longer seems to be an option to play a game from the HD as opposed to the disc.

from the sounds coming from the console, it sounds like its playing the game via the disc. Anyone else having this prob and is there an option to play from HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Subscribed. liked, and ticked to watch later (again)....:pac:

I believe she also may have a few cosplay videos in very revealing tops.......

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

I HATE the new dashboard
    Its fcuked up
    and it called Xbox Home:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

IcedOut wrote: »
    I HATE the new dashboard
    Its fcuked up

I think it looks great. Alot easier to navigate with all the clutter gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

IcedOut wrote: »
    I HATE the new dashboard
    Its fcuked up
    Oh calm down, whats wrong with it?

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    Ive just been playing Arkham City since before and after the dashboard update. I only downloaded the new update last night and there no longer seems to be an option to play a game from the HD as opposed to the disc.

from the sounds coming from the console, it sounds like its playing the game via the disc. Anyone else having this prob and is there an option to play from HD?

If the game is installed it will play from hard drive, you have to press Y now I think to see the option to install it.

As for the noise the disc spins in the drive for a few minutes after you launch the game it will stop eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

Meesared wrote: »
    Oh calm down, whats wrong with it?

I just dont like it
    just have to get used to it I suppose :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

calex71 wrote: »
    As for the noise the disc spins in the drive for a few minutes after you launch the game it will stop eventually.
    I think this is just with newer games with the disc update they did a while back. For me it spins for a few minutes with Arkham City and Gears 3, but only a couple of seconds with Vanquish. Not sure if it's a pre- or post-dashboard update thing, but my refurb sounds like a jet engine until I'm fully loaded into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I am the only one who thinks the youtube app is poorly designed?
    It is strange that you cannot use a usb keyboard with it. You can type with it, but you have to keep use the gamepad to begin and end typing.

CORaven wrote: »
    I am the only one who thinks the youtube app is poorly designed?
    It is strange that you cannot use a usb keyboard with it. You can type with it, but you have to keep use the gamepad to begin and end typing.

My chatpad has seen more use in the last week since these apps came out than in the year I've had it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Think the new apps are great.

Pity though that you can't link your laptop via extender so that you can use your laptop keyboard to put searches in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pressing Y to search is silly in the new apps. For the last 5 years the Xbox has taught me that the Y button enters a space when inputting text. Now when searching for multi-word phrases I'm opening and closing the search instead :(

Other than that, it's nice to have your YouTube account properly implemented with playlists etc. -- I had been using YouTubeXL on the PS3, but that lacks so much compared to the Xbox app now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Pressing Y to search is silly in the new apps. For the last 5 years the Xbox has taught me that the Y button enters a space when inputting text. Now when searching for multi-word phrases I'm opening and closing the search instead :(.

Oh thank god someone else is doing this too! Felt like such a fcuktard doing this over and over. Must pick up a chat pad this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Think ill have to dig the chatpad out, think I havent used it since my oul wan brought it home from the states circa 2006..... :p

• Advertisement

Same boat on the y thing, must have made 4-5 mistakes on the youtube app before It sunk in

pesky mS

i guess that chatpad is even more useful with the new apps integration might pick one up myself if they're on sale somewhere

Advertisement