Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Does the sound on the Dashboard annoy anyone? I use a headset all the time when using Xbox, just a simple turtle beach x11 set. When scrolling sideways no matter which direction the sound seems to be only coming from the right side which annoys the crap out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mayhem86

Is Dailymotion active in Ireland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mayhem86 wrote: »
    Is Dailymotion active in Ireland yet?
    Yes and No. If you have a silver US Gamertag you can download the app when logged in from there, and when you log in with your Irish Gamertag you can use the app. Although I find it quite laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

4OD is quite good,ableit a wee bit slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Meesared wrote: »
    Oh calm down, whats wrong with it?

After using it for a while now I have to say I dont like it. The reason, when you scroll to the social tab to see what your friends are doing it takes ages to see their activity. I have to scroll over their name and wait for the icon to see what game they are playing. On the old dashboard you would instantly see it.

No offense to you as you are entitled to your opinion but I have to find that such a petty thing to be annoyed about. Pressing the right directional button is not that much of a tedious task, or how about just pressing the guide button and scrolling to friends?

I think the new dash is great, it's even swindled me to start using Zune since my laptop broke. I love the layout, think it compliments everything very well. Also I'm on the pre dash and daily motion is there but it doesent let me download it , returns some error code. But I'll leave it until us beta testers join the rest of yous. Maybe it's not ment to show on Irish accounts?

My one gripe is that I wish there could have been more Facebook integration and maybe an whole renervation to the app itself. But I won't loose sleep or make empty threats about switching to ps3 over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Does the sound on the Dashboard annoy anyone? I use a headset all the time when using Xbox, just a simple turtle beach x11 set. When scrolling sideways no matter which direction the sound seems to be only coming from the right side which annoys the crap out of me.
    Sound is fine through my tritons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

4OD is quite good,ableit a wee bit slow!
    Is that in Ireland or a UK account?

Silver UK account,and then switch to my normal Irish gold account when it says you need gold.Works grand,menu's are just a bit slow at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads Daily motion is now available to everyone! Works well aswel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Watching Father Ted on 4od lol no slowness in the video but the menus are very laggy , demand 5 also out but says there's a problem playing the video for anything I tried,.

On one of the video the guy (continuity announcer) even says ...... you're watching 40D ..... on xbox :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Quick question for everyone, whats the handiest way of creating a US/UK account?
    Is it possible to do it as normal process or will i have to go through a proxy for signing up?

Then use that new Windows Live I.D. to sign up for UK XBL account here :

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB

Do the same to get a US XBL account here : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360.

No proxy or anything else needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

If you setup a silver uk account and download the 4od app, do you have to login to the silver account everytime you want to use it ?

marathont wrote: »
    If you setup a silver uk account and download the 4od app, do you have to login to the silver account everytime you want to use it ?

No, use your irish / normal account. Besides you have to be a gold member to actually watch anything on any of the applications .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tomred1975

I installed the On demand 5 app but it does not seem to work in Ireland. Did anyone actually get it working? Thanks.

When are these likely to arrive on the live version and will we be getting netflix?

Went a booted up 4oD from the newly made uk account last night, but nothing would load. No menus, nothing but just the headings for each section.
    Threw on the laptop and went to try and watch something and see if the problem was the xbox. Nope, it was eircom.

For some reason they (whether directly, or indirectly) manage to disallow their preset DNS from accessing certain code and as a result 4oD is unviewable.

So i had a quick look around and found a solution by setting your router to open DNS.
    If you dont know how heres a guide.

Someone might find that handy because im sure im not going to be the only one who has this problem. :)

Tomred1975 wrote: »
    I installed the On demand 5 app but it does not seem to work in Ireland. Did anyone actually get it working? Thanks.

Same here, 4oD works but I might try what CMPunked suggested for it to see if it will get Demand5 working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Just set your xboxs preferred DNS to google DNS
    <primary> 8.8.8.8
    <secondary> 8.8.4.4

No need to get overly comlicated. :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

For the love of God why in the Youtube App are the missing a space button? I hate having to go back and forth when searching for a video.

Are they trying to sell more Kinects or something? Shnakey bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You can use a USB keyboard or a Keypad

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Youtube works great but I think all the official music videos are part of Vevo so they won't show on this version of Youtube.

Daily motion looks a bit crap, a lot of junk on it.

Use Muzu for viewing music videos, it works very well.

4OD is very good but I cannot get demand 5 to work properly so far, problem with the servers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

The video files are geofenced, theyre not with 4OD

Really starting to like the MSN app, some really good quality stuff on it.

Downloaded last.fm just there using the UK account. But it wont work as its still region locked. Bummer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Hi All,

Why cant I find 4OD on my xbox??

How do i get it to work? is it free for Ireland?

Hi All,

Why cant I find 4OD on my xbox??

How do i get it to work? is it free for Ireland?

I'll refer you to a post from the previous page.

Then use that new Windows Live I.D. to sign up for UK XBL account here :

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB

Do the same to get a US XBL account here : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360.

No proxy or anything else needed!

:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'll refer you to a post from the previous page.

:rolleyes:;)

Thanks a mil, sorry i did not look for other page. Lazy of me.

Im still confused though when i click your link, its just a normal xbox page?

What am i supposed to do? create new profiles on the xbox?

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil, sorry i did not look for other page. Lazy of me.

Im still confused though when i click your link, its just a normal xbox page?

What am i supposed to do? create new profiles on the xbox?

Click the links and make sure it says united kingdom at the top.
    Create a new gamertag using that uk page.

Then sign into that profile on your Xbox and download 4OD. :):)

Advertisement