Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have to say it is well worth the bother of setting up an account to download 4oD, it's pure quality and FREE!!! WAtched so much on it over xmas, loving Desperate Scousewives :D It's like fade street only not as crap but just as fake and scripted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Do you need to go through a proxy to set up the UK account? I've tried doing it and it says i must apply for an account for my own region...I've retried and i'm getting "Opps you found a glitch in the system"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

no just did it myself, what i did was go to msn's us and uk sites and sign up with each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Having awful problems with the dashboard since upgrading, everything going ridiculously slow and most apps wont work...also cant access my TVersity server anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Have a hard drive? if so try taking out the hard drive and putting in a USB drive instead with your profile on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

clear the cache,

tversity working fine for me,

The apps where slow once or twice but after clearing the cache it's working grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

anybody else having buffering issues with youtube??

Sky, 4OD, ZUNE,Dailymotion all work perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Had you something downloading at the same time? I was downloading a game, when I launched YouTube it said it stopped, but it didn't.

I've tried clearing cache, cleared a crapload of space off my HDD, tried changing DNS to google DNS, and still woe is me :(

Have 3/4 bar strength showing on the xbox for the wifi signal, but apps wont work at all...will get messages such as "4od server is not available at this time" when trying to buffer, and even downloading apps/browsing menus is ridiculously slow.

Might be a firewall issue, I'll have a look my router setup later but never had these problems before :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

maximoose wrote: »
    I've tried clearing cache, cleared a crapload of space off my HDD, tried changing DNS to google DNS, and still woe is me :(

Have 3/4 bar strength showing on the xbox for the wifi signal, but apps wont work at all...will get messages such as "4od server is not available at this time" when trying to buffer, and even downloading apps/browsing menus is ridiculously slow.

Might be a firewall issue, I'll have a look my router setup later but never had these problems before :mad:

Maybe try deleting the app then download it again.

• Advertisement

Few tweaks with the oul router and enabling bits and bobs and I'm up and running. 4od is awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Srooney03 wrote: »
    anybody else having buffering issues with youtube??

Sky, 4OD, ZUNE,Dailymotion all work perfect

yeah i've been having niggly buffering problems with youtube over the past week or so, also with Muzu TV, it seems to work awful for me - constantly buffering or the video running out of sync with the audio

while i'm here, what exact use does Dailymotion have? everything i seem to see on there is complete trash videos that last 30 seconds, does it have anything good on there at all? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I have 4oD working but Demand 5 wont play ball. How do I get this to work

You cant aside from setting up a UK proxy in your router

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rochie IRL wrote: »
    I have 4oD working but Demand 5 wont play ball. How do I get this to work

I downloaded Last.fm and it recognised my IP was outside of its territories. I assume its the same deal with Demand 5.

See 4OD works here anyway, Channel 5 doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

Thanks for the replies guys. Not to worry 4oD is damn good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

netflix is live, go to bing and search the app there first month free €6.99 a month :D watching hey arnold at the moment, loads up in about 5 seconds no lag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Only prob having with netflix is that you can't change the aspect ratio on some shows.Reading around , apparently the previous version that american users had allowed this feature, so hopefully it will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Meatwad wrote: »
    Only prob having with netflix is that you can't change the aspect ratio on some shows.Reading around , apparently the previous version that american users had allowed this feature, so hopefully it will be back.

Not sure why anyone would pay for netflix when movies are free online anyway.

Even youtube on the xbox dashboard has 100's of new movies in HD free if you go searching, not sure how they have not been removed yet but they have been there and slowly a bigger library is growing every month.

• Advertisement

Thing is most free movies online are illegal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

broke my xbox....illuminati...makin me buy a new gears version....ratpack...damn TALENTLESS COD PLAYERS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

This may have be mentioned before but 4od is not loading properly for me..the menus are appearing but not the tiles. Seems to be a strange problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

denballs wrote: »
    broke my xbox....illuminati...makin me buy a new gears version....ratpack...damn TALENTLESS COD PLAYERS!!!

Lol, Wut?

The illuminati got in your Xbox?

Oh noes!

I've got news for you sonny jim, they are watching you ....

through that Kinect sensor, above your TV...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

4od is not loading the content fully/properly for me using an eircom connection:confused: Works perfectly using other connections.What could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Interested in 4OD but I assume you'd be running the risk of a ban for using the above process to get 4OD to work on an Irish Xbox?

Shred wrote: »
    Interested in 4OD but I assume you'd be running the risk of a ban for using the above process to get 4OD to work on an Irish Xbox?

Not really, when you consider 4OD is available to watch over here.

Eircom are pretty annoying when it comes to 4OD. The fix is changing your DNS.
    Go into your router settings: http://192.168.1.254/.
    Chose expert mode > yes.
    Configure then connection in the submenu.
    Then for the Primary DNS enter: 208.67.222.222
    And for the secondary: 208.67.222.220

Hey presto, 4od. :)

CMpunked wrote: »

Eircom are pretty annoying when it comes to 4OD. The fix is changing your DNS.
    Go into your router settings: http://192.168.1.254/.
    Chose expert mode > yes.
    Configure then connection in the submenu.
    Then for the Primary DNS enter: 208.67.222.222
    And for the secondary: 208.67.222.220

Hey presto, 4od. :)
    Gotta love Eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

CMpunked wrote: »

Well that's what I figured but was considering MS's supposed penchant for banning people without giving a reason or an appeal route.

• Advertisement

Shred wrote: »
    Well that's what I figured but was considering MS's supposed penchant for banning people without giving a reason or an appeal route.

Well yes, thats happened in the past. But if you change the DNS on your router and avail of a service provided by them and a 3rd party, then they wont have any reason to ban you at all.
    If they do end up banning anyone for changing the DNS settings on their xbox (a function they give you to tamper with) or their router, the only way they can find out is by hacking your console and/or network and doing so, afaik is still considered illegal.

Advertisement