Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just saw this on Facebook, so thought i'd post it so people can double check.
    Even though I was under the impression I was IN anyways from when I signed up.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/find-out-if-youre-in-the-xbox-360-dashboard-beta-program/
    Microsoft recently initiated sign-ups for the upcoming Fall 2011 Xbox 360 dashboard update beta test, and today, the company has started notifying those who have been accepted into the program.

If you haven’t yet received an email, here’s how you can check to see if you’re in the beta test or not.

1. Go to this url:https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

2. Sign in with your Windows Live ID

3. In the “Announcements” box, look for a link that says: “Next Steps – as of 10/17/2011″

4. On the page that comes up after clicking that link, if you’re in the beta test, the second paragraph should say the following: “Those details are coming out very soon, until then, know that you are ‘IN’ for the Fall 2011 Xbox LIVE Update Preview program and we are ecstatic to have you on board!”

If you’ve been accepted, then the remaining steps that you’ll need to take in order to participate the beta should become active soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Man I am so IN !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

IBTL!, Sweet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

hightower1 wrote: »
    IBTL!, Sweet. :D

Me 3! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It says I'm in, but does it not just say that for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Whats the betting this will come out on friday and take ages to install, just in time for us to stare longingly at our copies of arkham city :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

In too. I wonder are we getting the extra Kinect controls seeing as the Irish voice control locale hasnt been enabled yet on the current dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I'm in, but i already knew that. Should be out soon.

calex71 wrote: »
    Whats the betting this will come out on friday and take ages to install, just in time for us to stare longingly at our copies of arkham city :D

Well, Thanks, you've just gone and jinxed us all....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm in too, huzzah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

In too. I wonder are we getting the extra Kinect controls seeing as the Irish voice control locale hasnt been enabled yet on the current dashboard.

THIS!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    KK is having a midnight launch...won't have to update if yer already playing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

I'm in to. OH YES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Im in!! Wooohooo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i seem to be in!

excellleeennnnt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Pffffffttttt, no longer exclusive..... opting out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

In Like Flynn..... Anyone know when we get our emails?

Dean_Mc wrote: »

I was expecting it this week, buts it must be next week at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

First impressions? (I missed out on this, aw).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

This was just posted on the dashboard of Microsoft connect, I think they should just hurry up and start the thing.
    IMPORTANT!!!

It has come to our attention that some of our Public Preview participants are receiving erroneous e-mail information, not sent from the program, instructing them to click on a link to take the next steps to register their console. This is FALSE information and users should not follow any e-mail instructions. All of our instructions for the program will be hosted on this portal available only to those that are registered into the program.

ACTION: Please delete any e-mails you've received that give you instructions on next steps as they are not from the program and could render your registration in a declined state.

For those impacted, we are working to address the situation as quickly as possible and get them reinstated into the program.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Major Nelson has tweeted that the team have a bit more work to do before it's released. He hopes to have an update next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Dean_Mc wrote: »

How did you know I was in? :confused:

:p

Major Nelson has tweeted that the team have a bit more work to do before it's released. He hopes to have an update next week.

Yikes could be early November at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Yikes could be early November at this rate!

Well better give them some extra time rather than have lots of consoles bricked :)

Maybe their adding an extra feature :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

*cough* *Cough* http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/10/microsofts-acquisition-of-skype-for-8-5-billion-becomes-offici/ *cough* *cough*?

Co-inky-dink? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Not happening this time around :P

sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

From last May? :confused: I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jenno86 wrote: »
    From last May? :confused: I'd doubt it.
    Sorry - Forgot to check the date on the Engadget article. Here's the official Microsoft statement from 13. October 2011 that the Skype acquisition has cleared the regulatory hurdles and that Skype is now a division of Microsoft.

It was wild speculation. There seemed to be too many "I'm in" messages without this sort of thing to keep the thread interesting with some 'picked out of thin air' possibilities and wish lists.

I agree with Meesared and yourself - probably not this time around ... But I probably should stop speculating, as that is against the first rule of Fight Club XBox Live Update Preview Programs. :)

Well better give them some extra time rather than have lots of consoles bricked :)

Absolutely, but I thought the fall update was November 25th, (might not be official, just a rumor), its going to be a short beta.

How long was the last one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

The private forums on Xbox.com are now open to the beta testers.
    Link is on the Microsoft connect site.

Advertisement