Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

okla wrote: »
    The private forums on Xbox.com are now open to the beta testers.
    Link is on the Microsoft connect site.
    And they're packed with "When's it coming?" messages already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Not sure why but anytime i try to access the private forums, It get a message saying

Group Not Found
    The requested Group cannot be found.

I'm pretty sure i entered my gamertag correctly when signing up, Either way i have changed it to the proper one now, So hopefully that is the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Thor wrote: »
    Not sure why but anytime i try to access the private forums, It get a message saying

Group Not Found
    The requested Group cannot be found.

I'm pretty sure i entered my gamertag correctly when signing up, Either way i have changed it to the proper one now, So hopefully that is the reason.

I had the same problem and was sent this link for Members outside the USA.
    Works for me http://ambassadors.xbox.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I clicked the link, got the oops... Allowed it to sign me in and clicked the link again and it worked. It seems you have to be signed into the site already for the link to work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Site has been updated for console registrations

You get a product key to ender into the xbox and download an app/channel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

That was pretty handy, less than 5 mins...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Very streamlined... Can't wait for the actual update now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

calex71 wrote: »
    Site has been updated for console registrations

You get a product key to ender into the xbox and download an app/channel

Are you guys seeing the channel? If so where. Downloaded the app and seem to have registered ok but am supposed to be able to see this channel according to the FAQ.

Are you guys seeing the channel? If so where. Downloaded the app and seem to have registered ok but am supposed to be able to see this channel according to the FAQ.

Go to game library, it appears as a demo I think

Edit Oh wait you already registered? Then just wait for the update, it will be like the last one the channel will have updates and things they want you to try etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Go to game library, it appears as a demo I think

Edit Oh wait you already registered? Then just wait for the update, it will be like the last one the channel will have updates and things they want you to try etc.

Yea I've already registered, just confused about this 'channel'! Should it be there already? It's not on my console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I think it means when you get the preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Had problems the other day logging in, all seems good now so just have to apply the code when I get home.

Just one thing thats bugged me, you would think that Microsoft could put together a decent looking site, that connect site looks like a college project :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

rossc007 wrote: »
    Had problems the other day logging in, all seems good now so just have to apply the code when I get home.

Just one thing thats bugged me, you would think that Microsoft could put together a decent looking site, that connect site looks like a college project :D

Try https://billing.microsoft.com :)

Thats pre Windows XP era :)

Considering only end users go onto the two it doesnt need a sweet UI to "oooh" people.

Though it would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

what info do you need? im at work so dont have serial number of anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You don't need anything.

Just go here and log in:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

Click on one of the links (I think it says 'Next steps') and follow the instructions to generate a code to redeem a download on your console (it's about a 1.5mb download).

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Just gone through the process on the console anyone actually got the update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Try https://billing.microsoft.com :)

Thats pre Windows XP era :)

Considering only end users go onto the two it doesnt need a sweet UI to "oooh" people.

Though it would be nice :)

Was there a time when that looked good? :D Microsoft really are in a lower league that google for online UI... and Im a fanboy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just gone through the process on the console anyone actually got the update yet?

3-5 business days according to that site, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Mr E wrote: »
    3-5 business days according to that site, if I remember correctly.

Just downloaded the tool and updated my gamertag and it said 1-2 business days on the xbox

Same here 1-2 days...might have it for weekend?

• Advertisement

hous wrote: »
    Same here 1-2 days...might have it for weekend?

Fingers crossed hopefully,im turning it on every morning since to see if there's anything different like a child at christmas:) I suppose it will just download automatically at the appointed time.
    I wonder will youtube and skype be enabled?

Fingers crossed hopefully,im turning it on every morning since to see if there's anything different like a child at christmas:) I suppose it will just download automatically at the appointed time.
    I wonder will youtube and skype be enabled?

Skype is not coming this update but youtube is from what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Skype is not coming this update but youtube is from what I've read.

I think we'll see skype mid next year seeing as just recently announced post mango update for windows phone that all new WP handsets will be required by MS to have a front facing camera meaning Windows phone and kinect will really be able push the product across the two ancillary platforms. Seeing as that will be widespread by mid next year I would guess that time then to release skype across WP and kinect simultaneously. More than likely E3.
    The missus is from the US and it will be so great for her to be able skype her family on the big screen so naturally. Looking forward to that update.

The pre release channel has just appeard for me today with no updates yet just says they will be here when they become available.Would I be correct I thinking what they meant that it takes up to 3 days just to see this pre release update?

got pre-release channel :-) not long now...

anyone got anything other than the channel yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

hous wrote: »
    anyone got anything other than the channel yet?

Nop. But I didn't expect to get anything. Not over the weekend.

Patience :)

Im at work and thought they may be something happening this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its dragging on a bit now at this stage....

I had forgotten I had signed up for it, until I saw the pre release tab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its still middle of the night US time, expect the update to land evening time, so if there is issues support is open.

Advertisement