Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Xbox Dashboard 06.12.2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

calex71 wrote: »
    You forgot the app store for fleecing us of more ms points :pac:

App store not available yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

It would be nice if you could set your theme to change with the Bing background.

Also, how about updating the crappy music player, and the video player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Signed in on my other accounts, all I can see on the UK and US ones is more music and video stuff. Like netflicks and espn

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Hm, since the update my NAT has magically become strict and I'm having mic issues, but I suppose its a beta and these problems could just be coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

DjFlin wrote: »
    It would be nice if you could set your theme to change with the Bing background.

I think that feedback would be more noticed on private forum for the dashboard update? :)

• Advertisement

I think that feedback would be more noticed on private forum for the dashboard update? :)

Posting there too. Hopefully they'll listen.
    I don't see myself using Bing too much, unless it lets me search my usb drives for movies/songs stored on them. I'll probably check it every day though, just to see the pretty backgrounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

deano546 wrote: »
    Hm, since the update my NAT has magically become strict and I'm having mic issues, but I suppose its a beta and these problems could just be coincidence.

The ip of my Xbox for some reason changed shortly after the update, Might have something to do with it. But I think it may have been more reported.

Check to see if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The Inside Xbox channel appears to be gone, although I'm presuming it will be back when the new dash gets released properly. The layout is very nice though!

Anyone using the cloud drive for game saves?

Minor annoyance if you have the xbox in a bedroom as it takes for ever to shut off. From what i can see it caches the save locally and then background uploads it after you swtich it off. If you are playing Skyrim it's a big save to upload :mad:

Anyone using the cloud drive for game saves?

Minor annoyance if you have the xbox in a bedroom as it takes for ever to shut off. From what i can see it caches the save locally and then background uploads it after you swtich it off. If you are playing Skyrim it's a big save to upload :mad:

Havent bothered with it myself. I like the idea, but you only get 512MB. And a lot of my game saves are massive, Bioshock can get up to 20MB, Forza 3 saves are a minimum of 35MB. Fills up 512 pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

I downloaded the update then went to play Arkham City only to find my save was gone!!

Is this related to the update? I have heard this is happening to other people but they were putting it down to the cat women dlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When is the dashboard available to downliad for thoae of us that did not get accepted

When is the dashboard available to downliad for thoae of us that did not get accepted

No official word yet, but it seems that it'd be around late November/early December.

Dont worry, your not missing much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

No official word yet, but it seems that it'd be around late November/early December.

Dont worry, your not missing much.

Is there a chance it would be released tomorrow, 15 November 2011 marks 10 years of xbox,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

When he says your not missing much, he really means it. Hardly an earth shattering release, but I'd imagine the (currently empty) app store will prove to be the biggest addition.

rossc007 wrote: »
    When he says your not missing much, he really means it. Hardly an earth shattering release, but I'd imagine the (currently empty) app store will prove to be the biggest addition.

In terms of content yes, but I am already enjoying the benefits of the cloud storage as I hover between 2 xboxs. One at home the other I use on weekends at my parents place.

Xbox 1 save game to cloud, then go to xbox 2 boot game and it will sync the saves. No more having to remember my memory key, and I have forgotten it more than once, and no more taking 3 hours to recover my gamer tag.

Those alone make the update pure win in my book. No doubt I'll curse it when I lose a save in the cloud (touches wood)

The downside is that they still have not allowed you to disable friends sign in notifications without turning off message and achievements ones, and in fact now you get twice the amount, when some one signs in and then if they start playing the same game as you. Very annoying!!!!!!!!

The downside is that they still have not allowed you to disable friends sign in notifications without turning off message and achievements ones, and in fact now you get twice the amount, when some one signs in and then if they start playing the same game as you. Very annoying!!!!!!!!

Here here. The notification system is seriously annoying.

In terms of content yes, but I am already enjoying the benefits of the cloud storage as I hover between 2 xboxs. One at home the other I use on weekends at my parents place.

Xbox 1 save game to cloud, then go to xbox 2 boot game and it will sync the saves. No more having to remember my memory key, and I have forgotten it more than once, and no more taking 3 hours to recover my gamer tag.

Those alone make the update pure win in my book. No doubt I'll curse it when I lose a save in the cloud (touches wood)

Well la de da Mr 2 xbox's! No recession in your house :D I hope you have 2 ISP's as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Is there a chance it would be released tomorrow, 15 November 2011 marks 10 years of xbox,
    I would doubt it, as they are releasing Halo Anniversary today and probably don't want to muck around with Live around the release of something that would naturally cause a spike in the number of Live users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So for the cloud saving, we either save there or on the HDD and you can't move a save to it can you?

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    So for the cloud saving, we either save there or on the HDD and you can't move a save to it can you?

Works the same as any other memory key except you can only store game saves. You can copy to and from it at will.

Hey guys. Anyone elses Xbox just offer another update?

Mine kept disconnecting from about 11PM, then once midnight hit, theres a new update available. Downloading it now, seems to be taking its time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hey guys. Anyone elses Xbox just offer another update?

Mine kept disconnecting from about 11PM, then once midnight hit, theres a new update available. Downloading it now, seems to be taking its time too.

yep...ditto

might be time for zzzs

Update finished. Nothing seems to have changed :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Definite +1 for the cloud storage! Didn't realise how brilliant it was until I started using it. Have three consoles in the house and can now use one main profile everywhere with ease.

Also think the voice controlled dashboard is awesome! Not that I'll really use it but it's great to impress your mates and show off :p

Definite +1 for the cloud storage! Didn't realise how brilliant it was until I started using it. Have three consoles in the house and can now use one main profile everywhere with ease.

Also think the voice controlled dashboard is awesome! Not that I'll really use it but it's great to impress your mates and show off :p

3 consoles and a kinnect? What you getting for Christmas a unicorn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The new dashboard is available for all on December 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Mine is updating again :P hoping new features as the current 'preview' is ****e :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Dazza wrote: »
    Mine is updating again :P hoping new features as the current 'preview' is ****e :P

Just got that and.......

Nothing new. :(

• Advertisement

Home and Social have swapped places or did that happen last update?

Advertisement