Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft in Holycross

Options
  • 12-10-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Words don't describe my anger at the animals that did this. Whether you are religious or not this is as much a part of Tipperary heritage, as it is a religious symbol.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1012/holycross.html

If you were in the area and saw anything then report it. Or if you hear anything then report it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

This seems very like a "steal to order" job.

A lot of other gold was left behind so it's hardly a "cash for gold" robbery.

More like it was robbed for an overseas client.

The travellers can't really be blamed for this ..... they are a god-fearing people and wouldn't really be ones who'd do something like this to the catholic church.

Shower of fu(kers whoever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

I could'nt believe it when i heard this yesterday!!! Was so angry and upset.

I think it's a new low :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Cerbera wrote: »
    The travellers can't really be blamed for this .....

Shower of fu(kers whoever they are.

Wouldn't rule them out either

Wouldn't rule them out either

Doubtful though.

They are much more respectful of the church than many of us.

This isn't really their style.

I could be a mile off but this seems more like an organised job where it was stolen to order for an overseas "customer".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

They may be God fearing but still doesn't stop them stealing lead from the church roofs....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod Note: This thread will be locked pretty quickly if people are only going to use it for Traveller-bashing. Fair warning!

Lock it if you feel the need to lock it.

I haven't actually said one thing bad about travellers, Romanians or even Irish for that matter so there was no "anyone bashing" that I could see.

I was the first to mention travellers in the thread and that was to say not to jump and blame them and I've actually done the same to "real people" as well re this matter.

Why is it the mere mention of travellers have mods grabbing the locks and even producing banhammers?

Oh, and I heard that settled people, and indeed Romanians, rob lead too.

I still say they are a shower of fu(kers whoever did it.

I'll apologise if I'm wrong re this but for now I'm passing no more comments in case they are taken up the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Mod Note: This thread will be locked pretty quickly if people are only going to use it for Traveller-bashing. Fair warning!

I certainly did not not start this thread for this reason. So I would ask posters to stop bashing travelers.

It does seem like a a steal to order. Leaves a very big market, much of eastern Europe, southern USA, Southern Europe(i.e. Italy, Spain) and some of Africa.(The reason I mention these areas is because of their traditional christian faiths) I fear after 900 years Tipperary will never see it again. Very sad indeed :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cerbera wrote: »
    Lock it if you feel the need to lock it.

I haven't actually said one thing bad about travellers, Romanians or even Irish for that matter so there was no "anyone bashing" that I could see.

I was the first to mention travellers in the thread and that was to say not to jump and blame them and I've actually done the same to "real people" as well re this matter.

Why is it the mere mention of travellers have mods grabbing the locks and even producing banhammers?

Oh, and I heard that settled people, and indeed Romanians, rob lead too.

I still say they are a shower of fu(kers whoever did it.

I'll apologise if I'm wrong re this but for now I'm passing no more comments in case they are taken up the wrong way.

Woah there, horsey. I don't know where you got the impression I was trying to single you out or anything. I made a general warning. That's all it was. No need to make a song and dance out of it.

Sound.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement