Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you buy a ticket for the Premier League In Ireland

• 12-10-2011 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

The PDC Premier League will visit Irish shores twice within the next 6 months but will you be buying a ticket after seeing how the crowds often behave at these events?

I am a big Darts fan but from what I saw on TV and have read on this forum of the Grand Prix out in Citywest, the poor behaviour from a minority of the 'fans' in attendance puts me right off buying a ticket.

It's not just Citywest though, we've all seen how badly behaved crowds have been at times this year, the abuse Lewis got in Aberdeen in the Premier League being about the worst I think I've ever seen.

It's pretty bad when you never even hear a ref calling for best of order when the player as at the oche any longer, so would you buy a ticket anyway or hope that by not buying one, the PDC might try to control their crowds better?

Will you be going to the Premier League in Ireland? 26 votes

Yes - In Dublin
    0%
    Yes - In Belfast
    46%
    HealioMBCcelticbestscudzillaDouble TopBluezarJay.cymrugreenedshocksyBOOF IT STEVETerryTibbs!mackeire 12 votes
    No - Because of the crowd issues
    3%
    Devastator 1 vote
    No - For any other reason
    50%
    super_furryKingp35FirewalkwithmeCavehill Redmr.jingleBiffoGoonerjohnnyb1Niall_76buster180thedivilseiphilIm Only 71KgRichard Hillman 13 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I used to go to the Citywest every year but the last time I was there was the first year it was held in the new conference centre and the crowds and the bar layout was terrible and I haven't been back since.

I very much doubt I'll be going to the O2 because of the crowds, there are far too many idiots at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Similar story to the post above. Went to 3 nights of the grand prix the last year it was in the old ballroom at the Citywest and had a fantastic time. Decent sized crowds, but not too big. Good, fun atmosphere. You could tell 90% of the crowd were there because they loved the darts. Went again the following year when they'd changed to 'The cavern' as I like to call it, and couldn't have been more disappointed. Drunken louts everywhere, scumbags with no interest in the darts. There to drink and get their face on telly. The missus almost got hit in the head with with a flying captain america shield, nearly got in a row in the jacks with some scumbag over nothin'. Horrible venue, horrible atmosphere, terrible service at the bars and the food was overpriced and nothing to write home about. So if the Premier League here is going to be handled the same, I definitely won't be going. I find the lack of control at those events staggering to be honest, they're let away with nearly anything. It's hard enough to watch it on telly these days, it's embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

No - Because of the crowd issues
    I've been to Odyssey for the last 3 years and never any trouble.

1st year I went Manley got booed on his walkon(like everywhere) but he's the panto villian and people who were booing cheered him aswell. Wade was booed a bit last year, but that was more bit of banter as he was laughing at it and then the crowd instantly cheered a good score...plus none of the booing was done on an important throw(ie double).

Can't wait for Feb 23rd, got a table in 3rd row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Yes - In Belfast
    bought my ticket today. cant wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Going to both.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

if you like watching darts or a darts fan, I wouldnt go near a PDC big event.
    Go to Killarney every October and watch excellent floor Darts.
    tHE o2 will be a great money spinner alright and a success, but most people there are there just for the party,and to dress up and get on tv, not to watch darts, thats my opinion anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Totally agree with you Seiphil.Was down there myself.Great to mix and have a drink with the players.Killarneys my fav spot now to go.I wont be going citywest anymore.

Advertisement