Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Never over do it for a concert, whats the point in paying for a ticket if you cant remember the thing.
    Last night I had a naggin and a few cans before hand, a pint in there before it started and I had a great buzz goin.

ah ye shur a full nagin of vodka + a few cans and pints is nothing alright lol, i say you were well on your way after that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Never understood why people feel the need to get hammered for a concert for all the reasons Island Kid just mentioned. I had a few cans beforehand but didn't get anything in The O2, maybe it's just me but I enjoy concerts more when I'm not twisted and going in and out of the bathroom throughout the performance. Can remember it all as well...

Couldn't agree more. I got absolutely ****ed before the Champions League final in '09. I'd been waiting all month for it and then I couldn't remember a thing. After that I haven't drunk as much.

Just a few pints to kill time before and then you should have sobered up enough by the time you get to the stage.

As for the toilet, stay away from cider and beer and stick with Jameson and you'll be fine :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ah ye shur a full nagin of vodka + a few cans and pints is nothing alright lol, i say you were well on your way after that.:)

I'm no beast, but a naggin, a few cans and a pint or two is warm up material.

Went to Deadmau5 in UCD Student bar a few years ago, pre-drank a shoulder and 4 cans, had a few more drinks in there aswell. I woke up in this Japanese family's rec room, and they would not. Stop. Screaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Went to Deadmau5 in UCD Student bar a few years ago, pre-drank a shoulder and 4 cans, had a few more drinks in there aswell. I woke up in this Japanese family's rec room, and they would not. Stop. Screaming.

a naggin on its own would have me twisted, im a lightweight though only drink about once every month or two.

if i drank that before a concert id be either thrown out or a sleep in a corner.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Really enjoyed as did my girlfriend, we were right at the back in the seated section. Have to say first time at a gig in the seated section and thought it was better for it. No a-holes around and you had space plus a great view of the show. Might get seated tickets for Kayne & Jay if I can afford them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I was at the Chilis concert in November. Went into a pub before it. Started on the whiskey far too early and got talking to a lad at the bar. I was another drink or two away from missing the luas out to the o2.

I won't be making the same mistake for Jigga and Kanye in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Does anyone remember Drake doing the wheelchair Jimmy (during the motto I think?)

Loved that! Thought it was funny when the girl next to me said to her boyfriend "what is he doing".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭CWF

John 187 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed as did my girlfriend, we were right at the back in the seated section. Have to say first time at a gig in the seated section and thought it was better for it. No a-holes around and you had space plus a great view of the show. Might get seated tickets for Kayne & Jay if I can afford them.

Sure sign you're getting old :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

dee. wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Drake doing the wheelchair Jimmy (during the motto I think?)

Loved that! Thought it was funny when the girl next to me said to her boyfriend "what is he doing".

haha i think i missed that bit.from degrassi yeah?

have to say was a proper show,great selection of tunes and brilliant atmosphere.It was my first time in the o2 aswel so i was like a child on christmas eve.the only thing bad i have to say about it is when he gave so many shout outs for so long lol,it was good that he thanked all the people in the crowd but you know yourself,i wish he played club paradise but oh well guess you lose some and win some (long as the outcome is income haha),other than that the gig was ****ing ACE.

ive been listening to drake since so far gone which i do think that album and thank me later are/were better than "take care" but what can you do. i went with 5 of my mates and they only know a few words out of a few songs.i swear i didnt stop singing one word cause i know literally every lyric lol.it was good when stay schemin came on at the end too which loads of people didnt know either haha. his lyrics have a lot of meaning to them which thats why i think a lot of people connect with him so its great to be there watching him sing/rap.

a mate of mine said drake wrote on his twitter cancelling the rest of his european tour because he's mother's illness.any truth to it? i hope his mother the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

That's what happened for the Thank Me Later European tour.

• Advertisement

Was my favourite gig in some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Everybody knows I love Eminem and he is and will be my favourite artist for life for sure, but as a concert, i would say this was better. Maybe not as good as Eminem at oxegen but definitely better than his gig at Bangor last year. Drake isnt my favourite artist or anywhere near it and i only really went cos i got the ticket for free but i thought he was brilliant tbh. carried the whole himself with no dancers and no hype man. as others have said the gap after labrinth and the pointing at the crowd thing lasted far too long, especially when he wasnt on stage that long either but its all about the quality and not the quantity too. thought the motto was the best song. absolutely crazyyyyyyyyy! will definitely go to see him again
    now if only Hopsin would come to ireland! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

im still in shock how good the gig was. id actually travel to go and see him again and id love to meet him in person.drake is a ****ing legend

• Registered Users Posts: 8 akeating

did anyone manage to get an OVO t-shirt or did i just miss the merch stand altogether?

There was no OVO merch, just Drake stuff (which was overpriced and not that nice anyways)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

My mate got an OVO shirt, red with the gold owl..? I thought he got it in there but maybe not..

My mate got an OVO shirt, red with the gold owl..? I thought he got it in there but maybe not..

I walked around and couldn't find any :/ was looking for OVO sweatshirt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

you cant get ovo merch !!! all the sh*t thats out is fake !!! theres was only drake t shirts!!!

wtf is with the prices of tour t shirts going up in price!!! rip off

and nicki minaj is playin the OLYMPIA ,fcukin hell!! she'd sell out more than drake

• Advertisement

Yeah I think that's a very strange choice of venue, surely she'd sell as many tickets as Drake considering the success of Superbass and Starships here?

My little sister is only 6 and begging me to bring her..I'd be going anyways so I probably will, just hope I can actually get tickets.

No way she would sell more than Drake, not a chance.

She must have reduced her fees too because there's not a chance she's getting $100K for an hour in The Olympia. Why does she try and make her fans believe she gets that much when she blatantly doesn't?

like when i mean gold dust, these will be like gold dust, her playin the olympia is like a surprise gig or something like that,i really am shocked at the booking agent or mcd for doing this !!! she's realistically bigger than drake over here and would pull in a crowd, id say she'd sell out the o2 no bother and maybe a second night , the rest off her tour dates are arena tours wtf?? do they think ireland is that sh*T that people wont go to her gig

A V A wrote: »
    like when i mean gold dust, these will be like gold dust, her playin the olympia is like a surprise gig or something like that,i really am shocked at the booking agent or mcd for doing this !!! she's realistically bigger than drake over here and would pull in a crowd, id say she'd sell out the o2 no bother and maybe a second night , the rest off her tour dates are arena tours wtf?? do they think ireland is that sh*T that people wont go to her gig

She would not sell out The O2, don't know why you think otherwise. Dublin is not a major city like London, Paris, Munich, etc., she will have a much bigger fan base in bigger cities hence the bigger venues.

The thought of her selling out a second night in The O2 is ridiculous, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A V A wrote: »

She's not bigger than drake in any way, i was at a session with about 80 people on friday night and some lads had an ipod full of ****ty rap hooked up to the speakers and drake song after drake song was requested, and it was mainly the girls asking for it, no nicki minaj wanted to be heard.

Drake appeals to a heap of age groups and genders, nicki minaj appeals mainly to 13 year old girls.

I don't know if she'd sell out two nights in the O2 but I think she could definitely sell out one since there won't be a Belfast date."nicki minaj" is definitely better known to the general public than "drake", especially after Superbass and Starships which has helped her career massively here. Her dates in the uk are all massive venues, 12-20k capacity VS 1.3k in the Olympia...bit strange alright. Maybe they weren't sure she'd sell out the o2 and wanted to play it safe? Tickets don't go on sale til Wednesday maybe they'll switch the venue tomorrow? Either that or at least add a second/third date. The ticketmaster page says almost 4,000 people shared the link to the gig page and it was only announced this morning!

No way she would sell more than Drake, not a chance.

She must have reduced her fees too because there's not a chance she's getting $100K for an hour in The Olympia. Why does she try and make her fans believe she gets that much when she blatantly doesn't?

that made me giggle!!!! :D

im more of a drake fan than what i would be nicki, but i can say she's bigger than him over here commercially , enough, to sell out the o2, drake appeals to certain kinds of fans/people and doesn't get as much air time as nicki!!! nicki is played in every single place in ireland straight through out the week day and night, alot more than what drake is, the amount of " hunz" and "girlo's" that listen to her and follow her style thrend is unreal!!! she's played in every club, each and every club iv been in ,4 of her songs have been on , thats including featured songs shes done!!! nicki would drag in loads more girls and loads more people! pink friday was much bigger than take care commercially, and the way it is now-a-days. . . . .commercial sells and thats what she is

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    She's not bigger than drake in any way, i was at a session with about 80 people on friday night and some lads had an ipod full of ****ty rap hooked up to the speakers and drake song after drake song was requested, and it was mainly the girls asking for it, no nicki minaj wanted to be heard.

Drake appeals to a heap of age groups and genders, nicki minaj appeals mainly to 13 year old girls.

And? I think you're underestimating the power of 13 year old girls lol. Look at Glee last year and One Direction this year...teenage girls buy concert tickets

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

im talkin about the clubs and the types that go there that like her music , thats what im sayin would sell out the o2. . . . in my job nicki's big, where i dj , nicki is big, bigger than drake, all my mates are dj's too and they'll say the same thing!!!
    and i have to disagree with the 13 year age group, yes she would attract people around that age, but there was a fair few young people at drake!!! , it will happen at any gig!!!

• Advertisement

dee. wrote: »
    Tickets don't go on sale til Wednesday maybe they'll switch the venue tomorrow?

Hahaha

Advertisement