Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Hahaha

Well I'm just not able to get my head around them putting her in the Olympia when she is capable of selling an awful lot more than 1k tickets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i hope they change it!! she deserves it. . . and plus , thats another major thing for YMCMB !!!

Id imagine it would be a rush for artists to go from playing to 1300 people in the Olympia one night to 15,000 in a really nice arena the next lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

If it is any consolation, she could probably freestyle better than Drake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A V A wrote: »
    she's played in every club, each and every club iv been in
    Jesus.. you need to get out more.
    pink friday was much bigger than take care commercially, and the way it is now-a-days. . . . .commercial sells and thats what she is
    Are you taking the piss?

First week sales: Pink Friday - 375,000 / Take Care - 631,000
    in my job nicki's big, where i dj , nicki is big, bigger than drake, all my mates are dj's too and they'll say the same thing!!!
    Where do you DJ? Do you get paid for it?

• Advertisement

Someone seems to have a serious chip on their shoulder..

Jesus.. you need to get out more.

Are you taking the piss?

First week sales: Pink Friday - 375,000 / Take Care - 631,000

Where do you DJ? Do you get paid for it?

need to get out more hahahahaha are you def???? she played in every single club. . alot more than what drake is!!!!! i take it your def !!!!and yeh i get paid pal :D good amount to :)

dee. wrote: »
    Someone seems to have a serious chip on their shoulder..
    I'm genuinely in disbelief that you and AVA are so convinced that Nicki is a bigger artist than Drake and that she'd be able to sell out 2/3 nights in The O2.

Jay and Kanye can't sell out 2 nights in The O2. Nicki wouldn't sell out one night, that's why the promoters gave her The Olympia. The promoters know better than you and AVA, they're not going to change the venue...I really can't believe what I'm reading here tbh.

your an actual smart c*nt arnt you!!!!!!!!
    Yes, thanks.
    need to get out more hahahahaha are you def???? she played in every single club. . alot more than what drake is!!!!! i take it your def !!!!and yeh i get paid pal :D good amount to :)
    You never mentioned where you "DJ"...your sisters birthday party doesn't count.

im a much bigger fan of drake over nicki!!!!! but im steppin back and looking at how much she is played in commercial clubs etc!!! it is the truth tho!!!

• Advertisement

Yes, thanks.

You never mentioned where you "DJ"...your sisters birthday party doesn't count.

i apologies for my first remark, no need for it !!! :)

iv dj'd in many places , im between a few :) 2 places in blanchardstown , 1 in swords and a few in town and naw i dont have a sister mate

im a much bigger fan of drake over nicki!!!!! but im steppin back and looking at how much she is played in commercial clubs etc!!! it is the truth tho!!!

Really..?

Can you name any of the places where you DJ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Put it this way lads, there was way way more hype on facebook when drakes concert was announced than there has been since talk of nicki playing here.

I know about 25 people that went to drake, i know maybe 4-5 people that want to go to nicki minaj.

should have mentioned places!!!

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Put it this way lads, there was way way more hype on facebook when drakes concert was announced than there has been since talk of nicki playing here.

I know about 25 people that went to drake, i know maybe 4-5 people that want to go to nicki minaj.

its all personal preference man those 4's and 5's can add up

I'm genuinely in disbelief that you and AVA are so convinced that Nicki is a bigger artist than Drake and that she'd be able to sell out 2/3 nights in The O2.

Jay and Kanye can't sell out 2 nights in The O2. Nicki wouldn't sell out one night, that's why the promoters gave her The Olympia. The promoters know better than you and AVA, they're not going to change the venue...I really can't believe what I'm reading here tbh.

I never said she could sell out multiple nights, in fact I said I don't think she could. I do think she could sell out one night (or close enough sell out) If you don't, that's fair enough. I just think, as A V A said, a lot of "huns" and 12 year old girls will be going to this. My sister is 6 and she wants me to take her. Nickis fan base is mostly young girls here and young girls love spending their parents money. If the venue doesn't change I'm sure they'll add at least one more date anyways.

its all personal preference man those 4's and 5's can add up

Not enough to fill up The O2 though.

I know a few lads that DJ at Hussle and Notorious...don't think I know you though.

I never said she could sell out multiple nights, in fact I said I don't think she could. I do think she could sell out one night (or close enough sell out) If you don't, that's fair enough. I just think, as A V A said, a lot of "huns" and 12 year old girls will be going to this. My sister is 6 and she wants me to take her. Nickis fan base is mostly young girls here and young girls love spending their parents money. If the venue doesn't change I'm sure they'll add at least one more date anyways.

if you think she could get close to selling out one night then why did you say they should possibly ad a 3rd night?

by "huns" do you mean rangers fans?

Not enough to fill up The O2 though.

I know a few lads that DJ at Hussle and Notorious...don't think I know you though.

could fill up with up 13 year old girls :P if you know the lads in there id say you'd know me then!!!

You have to remember, Drake and Nicki appeal to different groups of people now. Nickis mix tapes might appeal to Drake fans but her newer stuff has gained her a very young fanbase.

Also I don't think your first comment is true. When Drake was announce only two people posted about it on my Facebook. I've lost count of the number of people who have been talking about Nicki. My cousins and their friends are already planning a big group to go up for a "girls night" (with adults of course) and they're all between 10 and 15.

• Advertisement

if you think she could get close to selling out one night then why did you say they should possibly ad a 3rd night?

by "huns" do you mean rangers fans?

I think she'd sell out one night in the O2 / 2+ nights in the Olympia

I think she'd sell out one night in the O2 / 2+ nights in the Olympia

The promoters disagree.

in my work and my mates , they are all talkin about the gig, all of us are all over the age of 20 + , id love if they moved it, might not sell out , but neither did drake!!!

Also I don't think your first comment is true. When Drake was announce only two people posted about it on my Facebook. I've lost count of the number of people who have been talking about Nicki. My cousins and their friends are already planning a big group to go up for a "girls night" (with adults of course) and they're all between 10 and 15.

10-15 year old girls making plans to go on Facebook...MCD will be kicking themselves when they hear this.

all of us are all over the age of 20 +

Really..? Wow.

You have to remember, Drake and Nicki appeal to different groups of people now. Nickis mix tapes might appeal to Drake fans but her newer stuff has gained her a very young fanbase.

My first comment is true, a group of 10-15 lads that are aged about 18 - 20 all went. 2 brothers i know got tickets for their birthdays and went, and a group of about 6-7 girls went.

You just said yourself that your cousins who are aged 10 - 15 are talking about going, I'm not friends with any 10 year old girls i wouldn't know anything about that but i talk to a load of girls aged about 16-18 and very very few of them want to go to nicki minaj. The majority of them went to drake.

10-15 year old girls making plans to go on Facebook...MCD will be kicking themselves when they hear this.

We are just talking about a concert. It's not serious business. Relax.

We are just talking about a concert. It's not serious business. Relax.

I am relaxed...your posts are just ridiculous though.

Really..? Wow.

wow good reply there , real intelligent :)

• Advertisement

My first comment is true, a group of 10-15 lads that are aged about 18 - 20 all went. 2 brothers i know got tickets for their birthdays and went, and a group of about 6-7 girls went.

You just said yourself that your cousins who are aged 10 - 15 are talking about going, I'm not friends with any 10 year old girls i wouldn't know anything about that but i talk to a load of girls aged about 16-18 and very very few of them want to go to nicki minaj. The majority of them went to drake.

Thats fair enough but I've said from the beginning that Nickis fanbase aren't really people who would be into Drake. Her fans (nowadays) are mostly younger girls. I don't think many Drake fans will be at her concert. A few maybe (myself included) but the large majority will be young girls who listen to whatever's played on the radio every day

Advertisement