Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prime Time Presidential Debate on now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Michael D is the only one of them up there who's worth a ****. Such a poor crowd.

I'll be voting him number 1 with no transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

MMG is the only one who went on about accountability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The whole country is talking about Dana now! She's cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭whubee

mayfire wrote: »
    Michael D has forgotten what the question was!

are you my wife.
    i want to go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Can't wait to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭DanielGibbons

Bet Dana's gonna resign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Imagine if there was an Islamic burka-clad presidential candidate; the country would be running scared and trying to grill them on all their 'radical' views. Consequentially, the calibre of presidential candidate we are entertaining this election is reflective of our communal intellect. So embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

MMG is the only one who went on about accountability

except he want no accountability for his past, just the past of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

i don't think she can withdraw her name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

The whole country is talking about Dana now! She's cute.
    Yeah. But they're all saying she's mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Optimisty

Biggest looser of the night ..... M McG his history will always haunt him. Better he accepts that and looks for forgiveness instead of promotion.

Biggest winner of the night....
    .. MARY composed and had an air of a Presidency.

Whether she wins the campaign or not, she won the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

whirlpool wrote: »
    Why are you all criticising Dana for not wanting to repeat the allegations on air? She clearly has only just been informed about the allegations herself and would want/need to take time to take in the news and then decide how best to proceed. That's pretty standard. If that was any of you in her position, I'm quite sure you neither would have wanted to repeat the allegations in that situation.

As she said, we will all find out tomorrow.

And no I am not a Dana supporter. I've never voted for her and have no plans to ever vote for her.

I just thought the response on here to that incident was immature.

Miriam handled that situation appallingly, imo.

This whole election has been such a joke.

EDIT: Okay all that stuff I just said was actually my anger at how crap Miriam handled the situation, and I directed it at the wrong target. It was really just meant for Miriam. :cool:

Move along, nothing to see here...

Well if there is no major Dana scandal she should be deported back to the USA.

A US producer has uncovered a secret recording session between Dana and Tupac.

It's about a relation of Dana's. I bet it has something to do with child abuse.

phog wrote: »
    The hopefuls obvioulsy think that there's more votes in slaming FF than in slamming M MG and the IRA. Strange how this country has changed.
    i hope there isnt a sex tape :eek:
    :D god forbid

• Advertisement

dublincelt wrote: »
    Great closing speech by Martin McGuinness.

Feck the establishment indeed!!

He and he's equals ahve been fecking the establishment for years but stange that he now wants to be political he has no memory or feels accountable for any of his past.

Optimisty wrote: »

She did in her arse. Already I've forgotten everything she said.

TV3 won the night because the nation would have turned over in their millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Higgins wont make 7 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Min wrote: »
    What is that on Michael D's lapel?

I think it was an Amnesty International badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

"Dana Cheated In Eurovision!" maybe.

Anyway who cares. I don't want any of those whingers being the Irish President.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?What is it?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kitsy13

Is there a bingo on this yet.. Dana constitution

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭DanielGibbons

gambiaman wrote: »
    i don't think she can withdraw her name.

Why not? It seems like the most likely thing judging by her nonsensical banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Optimisty wrote: »
    Biggest looser of the night ..... M McG his history will always haunt him. Better he accepts that and looks for forgiveness instead of promotion.

Biggest winner of the night....
    .. MARY composed and had an air of a Presidency.

Well, maybe you might be surprised with the next poll.
    Better he accepts that and looks for forgiveness instead of promotion.

Is that you, Miriam?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Ha, goodbye Dana!

It's about a relation of Dana's. I bet it has something to do with child abuse.

Sadly, that's what I'd have my money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

kitsy13 wrote: »
    Is there a bingo on this yet.. Dana constitution

Somebody suggested a drinking game for everytime she mentioned "constitution". It can't happen though, there isn't enough beer.

Nipples get my vote
    gallagher350_971859t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dana is a disgrace taking time out to read that statement.

Had to laugh at Norris' answer for his one minute slot. He has no ability to speak concisely. Everything has to be a waffling spiel.

No clear winner from tonight and no definite loser (bar Dana) I don't think. This is all down to the fact Miriam wasn't skilled enough with her questioning and refused to let candidate's enough time to allow a proper debate to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

Nipples get my vote
    gallagher350_971859t.jpg
    Mine aswell.

• Advertisement

I can't listen to Mary Robinson anymore without hearing David McSavage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Dana is a disgrace taking time out to read that statement.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I can't listen to Mary Robinson anymore without hearing David McSavage.

I always thought he was doing McAllesse:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

He and he's equals ahve been fecking the establishment for years but stange that he now wants to be political he has no memory or feels accountable for any of his past.

Eh, have you been in a time warp since 1994???

Are you aware that there has been a peace process for the last 16 or so years?

Are you aware that he has been deputy first minister in the North?

Or does your Irishness begin and end at the Border and the 26counties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Didn't Dana have a couple of deaths in her extended family last year, hope their not digging up some crap about that.

Why not? It seems like the most likely thing judging by her nonsensical banter.

I think it's the rules.
    Her name would remain on the ballot paper

haha you caught me out 'actually' lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Waste of my time watching that muck, kindergarden kids act better than that bunch.

Gallagher (I hope) is toast. He simply would not, could not condemn what his party has done to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

gambiaman wrote: »
    Gallagher (I hope) is toast. He simply would not, could not condemn what his party has done to Ireland.

He had nothing to say about much.....did he even know where he was?

Actually maybe Dana's issue isn't to do with child abuse. She has no relationship with her siblings and screwed them over in the U.S.

dublincelt wrote: »
    Eh, have you been in a time warp since 1994???

Are you aware that there has been a peace process for the last 16 or so years?

Are you aware that he has been deputy first minister in the North?

Or does your Irishness begin and end at the Border and the 26counties?

No time warp but he is, he only wants to talk about his past from the time th IRA laid down arms.

Ask him "When did you leave the IRA" and you'll get I was imprisoned from date to date and from date to date then I got married and wa wa wa but no real answer, surely if he was really interested in being honest he could say I left the IRA in a given month in a given year. Simple and honest.

He's a spoofer and is only interested in politics when it suits him or SF. How come the majority on this island were ignored for so long but now that it suits his way he's all about democracy now.

Edited to add - My Irishness, thankfully was never his way, I could never ever condone the murder of people for political gain.

Actually maybe Dana's issue isn't to do with child abuse. She has no relationship with her siblings and screwed them over in the U.S.

She is just out to make money via publicity and not remotely interested in the role of President IMO.

No time warp but he is, he only wants to talk about his past from the time th IRA laid down arms.

Ask him "When did you leave the IRA" and you'll get I was imprisoned from date to date and from date to date then I got married and wa wa wa but no real answer, surely if he was really interested in being honest he could say I left the IRA in a given month in a given year. Simple and honest.

He's a spoofer and is only interested in politics when it suits him or SF. How come the majority on this island were ignored for so long but now that it suits his way he's all about democracy now.

The sooner he packs his bags and goes back up north the better. I am sick to the teeth of hearing all the baggage that goes with him and bringing all that angst down south. He should move on and literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Martin for president. The only one with balls who has a history of standing
    Up against bullies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Debunker

I think the baggage that "goes with him" is being shoved on him. They were talking about whether or not God should be in the constitution. Then when it comes to Martin, she goes straight to the IRA thing and talks about it for a majority of the time.

That lad from the dragons den was really intent to answer that question about the constitution and she didn't even ask him. He had his hand up and everything. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Martin for president. The only one with balls who has a history of standing
    Up against bullies.

True, he often had arguments with himself when he went back to speak to the IRA all those times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

[QUOTE=p
    hog;74902153]No time warp but he is, he only wants to talk about his past from the time th IRA laid down arms.

Edited to add - My Irishness, thankfully was never his way, I could never ever condone the murder of people for political gain.[/QUOTE]it is my opinion you have zero comprehension of politics......esp where Martin MG is involved.

You dont become elected by 10's of thousands of people time an time again by bieng a spoofer as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mikofo

can they not bring the election forward by 2 weeks and get rid of all this crap from the tele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The sooner he packs his bags and goes back up north the better. I am sick to the teeth of hearing all the baggage that goes with him and bringing all that angst down south. He should move on and literally.
    Newflash!!

sinn fein are an all ireland party.

• Advertisement
Advertisement