Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prime Time Presidential Debate on now

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭liptonvillag

gambiaman wrote: »
    Michael D supported Castro and many other communist dictatorships.
    Discuss.

Really ?? Post a source where he says he supports Dictators. Any newspapers articles you can post to back up your claim ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

charlemont wrote: »
    Laoisman67 wrote: »
    Im just saying that I know a lot of Gardai, Army personnel and Prison Officers and to a man they all despise the provo's. I personally despise them because they are facists.

Anyone who passed through Templemore was thought that Republicanism was the biggest threat to the state so its not surprising Gardaí hate them.

Do you actually know what a fascist is ?
    And I don't mean how to spell it either !!

Nothing to do with the fact that they murdered a few of their colleagues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Was it a brown envelope.

Any Gallagher cheerleaders on here to answer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Anyone who passed through Templemore was thought that Republicanism was the biggest threat to the state so its not surprising Gardaí hate them.

Something wrong with that I think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Really ?? Post a source where he says he supports Dictators. Any newspapers articles you can post to back up your claim ?

It was a lure for a previous poster.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

twincamman wrote: »
    tonight has changed my vote anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Laoisman67

Do you actually know what a fascist is ?
    And I don't mean how to spell it either !!

Would someone who suppresses opposition through terror fit the bill? Readd todays herald about our Sinn Fein candidate while you're at it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

A total hatchet job courtesy of the Montrose Mafia. "Saint" Michael was treated with kid-gloves. McGuinness was asked a question that was partitionism but didn't question his personal integrity, despite his former membership of an organisation responsible for the murder of 1800 Irish and British citizens. Being in FF is a crime but being in a murderous organisation is not! The failure of the chair to keep decorum and allow each candidate space to gather their thoughts and answer the question is nothing short of a scandal, as is PK's reliance on what we know now is a fake SF twitter account. PK didn't know it was fake but he should have done his homework. Very unprofessional and unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Being in FF is a crime but being in a murderous organisation is not!

Ah, I think it might be a crime.

The game is over Ozyman, Gallagher's odds are still slipping. He has lost.

Michael D.Higgins 1/5
    Sean Gallagher 3/1
    Martin McGuinness 20/1
    David Norris 33/1
    Gay Mitchell 66/1
    Dana Rosemary Scallon 300/1
    Mary Davis 300/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

dav3 wrote: »
    Ah, I think it might be a crime.

The game is over Ozyman, Gallagher's odds are still slipping. He has lost.

Michael D.Higgins 1/5
    Sean Gallagher 3/1
    Martin McGuinness 20/1
    David Norris 33/1
    Gay Mitchell 66/1
    Dana Rosemary Scallon 300/1
    Mary Davis 300/1
    They also had a no to Lisbon I at 5-1. :roll: I know because I won that bet on Paddy Power in 2008. They also had Michael D as the winner before release of the weekend polls. They suffer from the same Dublin-mindset which doesn't understand rural and provincial opinion is different and more local in its perspectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

They also had a no to Lisbon I at 5-1. :roll: I know because I won that bet on Paddy Power in 2008.

You must be tempted to throw everything on Gallagher then. Let us know how you get on. I'd give it another few hours though, his odds are still drifting, you'll get better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭liptonvillag

A total hatchet job courtesy of the Montrose Mafia. "Saint" Michael was treated with kid-gloves. McGuinness was asked a question that was partitionism but didn't question his personal integrity, despite his former membership of an organisation responsible for the murder of 1800 Irish and British citizens. Being in FF is a crime but being in a murderous organisation is not! The failure of the chair to keep decorum and allow each candidate space to gather their thoughts and answer the question is nothing short of a scandal, as is PK's reliance on what we know now is a fake SF twitter account. PK didn't know it was fake but he should have done his homework. Very unprofessional and unbalanced.

The reason the focus was on Gallagher and not McGuinness was obvious. McGuinness hasn't a snow balls chance of been President. It's between Mick Higgins and Sly Eye Gallagher. If Marty Mac was anywhere in contention of been the next President of Ireland, then everything bar the kitchen sink would have been thrown at him. There would have been a sustained campaign from the Irish media the likes you never would have seen. The truth is, FF pulled of a master stroke with Sean Gallagher running for the presidency. Gay Byrne, Micheal
    Ó Muircheartaigh, and others names were bandied about as possible FF candidates while Sly eye Gallagher slips in the back door as a so called Independent while everyone is wondering who the FF candidate would be. Gallagher was the FF candidate all along. It was all a charade and game of smoke and mirror. Gallagher is FF as Brian Cowen. Gallagher is the FF candidate and it always was since last January when Gallagher cancelled his membership of the party. Gay Byrne was never ever going to run and Michael O' M at 80 running was pure FF manipulation and distraction tactics while the real FF candidate was making his entrance in the back door as the Hilariously titled Independent candidate.

What is Saint Michael guilty of which should have been put to him? Im not a fan but couldnt see better than him - impeccable performance and no skeletons in the closet that Im aware of.

The reason the focus was on Gallagher and not McGuinness was obvious. McGuinness hasn't a snow balls chance of been President. It's between Mick Higgins and Sly Eye Gallagher. If Marty Mac was anywhere in contention of been the next President of Ireland, then everything bar the kitchen sink would have been thrown at him. There would have been a sustained campaign from the Irish media the likes you never would have seen. The truth is, FF pulled of a master stroke with Sean Gallagher running for the presidency. Gay Byrne, Micheal
    Ó Muircheartaigh, and others names were bandied about as possible FF candidates while Sly eye Gallagher slips in the back door as a so called Independent while everyone is wondering who the FF candidate would be. Gallagher was the FF candidate all along. It was all a charade and game of smoke and mirror. Gallagher is FF as Brian Cowen. Gallagher is the FF candidate and it always was since last January when Gallagher cancelled his membership of the party. Gay Byrne was never ever going to run and Michael O' M at 80 running was pure FF manipulation and distraction tactics while the real FF candidate was making his entrance in the back door as the Hilariously titled Independent candidate.

Have to agree with that - Gallagher calling himself a grassroots FF man and he on the board of FAS - SERIOUSLY??

Advertisement