Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible customer service

Options
  • 12-10-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi
    For about the last year my dsl light has been fine all day then at night it would blink come back on again and then blink again and so on .... So about 6 months ago we called up eircom and they said the line was fine and they just said restart it and all the basic procedures ....and so we gave up ..then we called back next month same thing and the next month .....so ive had to live with my connection coming on and off for 1year and no one could help me . So just yesterday i updated the firmware of my netopia 2247 nwg and my problem. So my whole rant is that it was that simple and no person from customer care could help and they were going to charge us 150€ for a technician :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

nanook5 wrote: »
    Hi
    For about the last year my dsl light has been fine all day then at night it would blink come back on again and then blink again and so on .... So about 6 months ago we called up eircom and they said the line was fine and they just said restart it and all the basic procedures ....and so we gave up ..then we called back next month same thing and the next month .....so ive had to live with my connection coming on and off for 1year and no one could help me . So just yesterday i updated the firmware of my netopia 2247 nwg and my problem. So my whole rant is that it was that simple and no person from customer care could help and they were going to charge us 150€ for a technician :D

Hi nanook5,

Thanks for taking time to post your solution to your broadband connection problem.

Possibly udating the firmware, had a similar effect to a full hard-reset of the modem. The dsl light flashing on the router can be commonly associated with interference on the phoneline. For e.g : something like a Sky box(s) plugged into the internal phoneline system, or a faulty adsl splitter /filter(s).

Eitherway, glad you've solved this now. If you've any problems with the connection in the future let me know.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Thanks ant
    nanook5 wrote: »
    Hi

Hi nanook5,

Thanks for taking time to post your solution to your broadband connection problem.

Possibly udating the firmware, had a similar effect to a full hard-reset of the modem. The dsl light flashing on the router can be commonly associated with interference on the phoneline. For e.g : something like a Sky box(s) plugged into the internal phoneline system, or a faulty adsl splitter /filter(s).

Eitherway, glad you've solved this now. If you've any problems with the connection in the future let me know.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement