Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alarm

Options
  • 12-10-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi All just wondering if anyone could recommend a good alarm. The uncles system currently is nearly 20 years old. I presume all the existing contacts and wiring should be ok. He would be looking for a new control panel and external and internal siren and would like gsm dialer as well. Is their a package you can buy or would you have to replace everything??.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Either the HKC Securewave or the Signet would be good systems to install. A GSM can be added to either system plus all the sensors and bells should work with both systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The signet is a good system but more importantly they need to be installed peoperly by a licensed installer.
    Ring around and get a few quotes, recommendations etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    The signet is a good system but more importantly they need to be installed peoperly by a licensed installer.
    Ring around and get a few quotes, recommendations etc
    +1 to all of that. Look for the Siemens 4220 . Its the same as SigNET 100 but with better software features. .

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Thanks for your replies. I will pass it on to the uncle when I speak with him during the week.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. Let us know how you/he get on.
    If you need anything else you know where we are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement