Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belkin N+ wireless Modem router

• 12-10-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Right Im mad enough so I dont think can get any madder:p I have belkin modem router and I have broadband with eircom. Im trying to download update for iphone onto my macbook pro and my internet keeps hanging up after 10 or 15 min with pop up saying no internet connection or failure I think. I have done this several times now
    I had the standard Netopia modem before from eircom and I used to play on xbox live Long story short I had a hell of a slow connectionfor on line gaming. Getting the new router helped
    This happens to me quite often when surfing the net. Can anyone tell me why my net is hanging up. Is it my internet or some setting on router ??? I want to exhaust all other ideas before my temper gets the better of me and ring eircom in morning.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is a Belkin, all anybody around here will tell you is that Belkin is crap and that you should get something that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is a Belkin, all anybody around here will tell you is that Belkin is crap and that you should get something that works.

Right well Id had 2 routers at this stage and both are poop then. Im trying to figure out if its just my connection is rubbish or the modem.

can you advise a suitable modem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Disconnect all other devices in your home from the phone line.
    With everything disconnected from the line connect your modem to the the main phone point in your house and monitor the connection. If it's stable in this setup then it's a problem with one of your devices or the filter on one of those devices. Remember all devices that connect to your phone line except the modem need to be filtered.

Some things often overlooked are Sky boxes, Caller ID boxes and answering machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Belkin? You'd be better off taking a shit on the floor and connecting your adsl line and ethernet cables to the steaming brown biomass pile than using a network product made by this company.

Take it back to the shop and ask for a proper router.

Advertisement