Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU/GFX Issue

Options
  • 12-10-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I am having an issue with my display freezing during gaming.
    Screen displays loads of vertical lines, the only way to fix is to restart, sometimes this can happen a number of times a session other times it doesn't happen at all. Only really happens during intensive gaming but is very intermittent and can sometimes happen just when browsing.

The latest video, monitor and chipset drivers have been installed.
    From digging round I think that it may be 1 of 2 things, either my gfx card has a hardware fault or my PSU has not got enough juice.

Seeing as the gfx card is out of warranty, I think I would like to try the PSU first.

Can anyone tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree(s) or if there is any way I can test my theories. (Bearing in mind I don't have a spare PSU or GFX card).

See specs for PC below:

W7 pro 64 bit
    4GB-Kit Corsair Twin3X4096-1333C9A DDR3, CL9
    Corsair CX400W 400 Watt
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, Intel P55, ATX, DDR3, PCI-Express
    Intel Core i5-750 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)
    Wintech int.Card Reader 8,9cm (3,5") USB 2.0
    XFX RADEON HD 5750 1GB DDR5 HDMI DISPLAYPORT PCI-E 2.0
    Single Dell ST2410 Monitor running 1920 * 1080

If PSU is a problem can someone recommend a decent one?
    Or offer advice on resolving?

Comments

Advertisement