Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Beer & Cheese Weekend, 27-31 October

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Just back from Oktoberfest in Munich and everywhere I went it was Beer and Cheese (and pretzels). I have to say they go very well together, particularly a kind of edam cheese with salt and pepper that is very popular there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Starts today! Full list of events here.

From tomorrow the Bull & Castle will be doing €7 tasting platters of four beers and four cheeses, which I like the sound of:

1 - Buckleys Golden Ale & Gubeen
    2 - Castle Red Irish Ale & Cooleney
    3 - O'Hara's Irish Stout & Hegarty's Cheddar
    4 - Dark Arts Porter & Cashel Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Also,

"The Porterhouse Temple Bar and The Porterhouse Central will be hosting a beer and cheese promotion running from Thursday 27th for two weeks. Gubeen Plain, Gubeen Smoked and Carrigaline Farmhouse Garlic cheeses will served with a samples of our handcrafted beers, Porterhouse Red Ale, Hophead IPA and Hersbrucker Pilsner style Lager. 2 slices of each cheese and 3 samples of the beers above will only set you back €8"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Much beer will you get at each of those? I'd assume the Porterhouse are doing their usual sample try of 1/3 pints. Bull and Castle seems alot cheaper unless they're tiny samples.

Advertisement