Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Vienna

Options
  • 13-10-2011 12:20am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried moving to Vienna before? I'm finding it difficult to find accomodation that doesnt require a large release fee, large deposit and/or some kind of real estate fee, that I simply can't afford at the moment.

Vienna seems to be mostly geared towards people renting houses long term, so has anyone any experience of finding a place to live while moving over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Poltergeist

The up front fees and large deposit are a common phenomenon in Austria and German.

Look out for listing that are "provisionsfrei" - without commission. You are more likely to find these in local newspapers and on college advertising boards.

If you do end up going with an accommodation with commission attached sometimes it is negotiable.

You could alternatively put up an ad yourself in the local newspaper requesting provisionfrei accommodation in Vienna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

When I went there I was just looking for a room so shared and paid 1 month's deposit. I suppose you're looking for a place for yourself?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    When I went there I was just looking for a room so shared and paid 1 month's deposit. I suppose you're looking for a place for yourself?

Yeah searching for a place over the internet at the moment, but i do have a friend over there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

I am currently in Vienna....

Try http://apartment.at/ for longish term renting.

I also have a decent gaff if you're stuck for a place / either way gimme a shout when you get over and we'll go for a pint :thumbup:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Fuctifino wrote: »
    I am currently in Vienna....

Try http://apartment.at/ for longish term renting.

I also have a decent gaff if you're stuck for a place / either way gimme a shout when you get over and we'll go for a pint :thumbup:

Cheers, going for a pint sounds like a good idea alright :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement