Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best store for trading in games?

• 13-10-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

Have 50-odd PS3 games lying about in my room atm. Want to get rid of a good few of them with some serious games coming out soon.

Wondering what's the best place for trade-in value? Do GameStop still run the '3 old games = 1 new game' promotion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Adverts.ie? I'm picking up a PS3 at the weekend and want to pick up a load of the earlier releases to catch up. Lots of others will be the same and you might be able to offload a few at a time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

HMV have the best trade in store credit, to price of new games rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Et Cetera

maninblack wrote: »
    Have 50-odd PS3 games lying about in my room atm. Want to get rid of a good few of them with some serious games coming out soon.

Wondering what's the best place for trade-in value? Do GameStop still run the '3 old games = 1 new game' promotion?

Right now Gamestop have a trade 3 and get 1 new game for €3 competition.
    Do this (outside Dub, in Dublin GS give less for games, I've noticed):

Trade in 9 games off the list, get x copies of a _new_ game, FIFA, Arkham City, whatever.

Find wherever has the best rate to trade back in and trade them all back in. I found in Jervis only offered €26 for brand new Deus Ex whereas at home in Waterford they were offering €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Et Cetera wrote: »
    Right now Gamestop have a trade 3 and get 1 new game for €3 competition.

Crysis 2
    Need for Speed: Undercover
    Devil May Cry 4
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Killzone 2

Ye reckon all that junk would be enough to get a copy of PES tomorrow? Am I right in thinking the GameStop deal only applies to trading in recent enough games?

Hope they don't offer me €1 a game or something stupid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Yeah the gamestop deal needs newish games but there should be a list of the games they'll accept floating around either on their website or on the bargain alerts forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Cex can be decent, plus you can check they price they will give you on the website. http://ie.webuy.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Cex can be decent, plus you can check they price they will give you on the website. http://ie.webuy.com/

Damn Cex give decent prices, 40ish for that haul!

I want to get PES tomorrow though. Checked the GS list of games and none were on it.

HMV be my best bet so? What about GAME?

Advertisement