Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qualified electrician with degree in sustainable technology moving to oz help????

Options
  • 13-10-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all.

I am a fully qualified electrician with my papers from fas and am in my last year of doing my degree in sustainable electrical and control technology level 7 in blanch I.T.

I am looking to move to sydney with my girlfriend in june 2012 and are booking our visa's and flights this week. the flights are working out at 929e with trailfinders and include a return flight.

Both of us are going on a working holiday visa with me hoping to get sponsored as i will have a trade an degree. i am starting the process of getting my trade recognised by the ARTC and then sit exams when i arrive and hopefully get there to get my A class electrical mechanic license and get sponsored.

Can anyone shed some light on how best to go about the license and will my degree be recognised over there to? i would be interested in working in the sustainable sector aswell.

We are going to sysdney as that is where my girlfriends sister and fiance are with both being sponsored on a 4 year visa.

the other thing is that i am a type 1 diabetic but will start a different thread for info on that.

any help on how to get my trade a degree recognised would be a great help.
    also my girlfriend has no degree or papers but has over 5+ years in office experience and alot of other experience so will she have a good chance at getting a job and coming in on my sponsorship if i eventually get it??

thanks

shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Shane do a search on the forum (right hand side), a lot of those questions have been answered before and in high detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

thanks for the reply.
    i found alot of info already through the search but not much in relation to sustainable energy jobs and oppurtunities over there.

really just looking for general info on if im planning right and anything i should be aware of as everyones situation is different.alot of research is needed and thought here would be best to get some of my answers.

also will prices of flights change dramitically from week to week leading upto next year as thats what travel agents are telling us?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You probably won't find specific information on sustainable energy jobs (we are only a small forum)

Flights will be high Dec-Jan and start getting lower Feb-May High again June-August and back low Sep-Nov

There are some sales on at the moment with Eithad (well from sydney-> dublin) for $1700 (that's an excellent price)

But Emirates will also be flying Dublin-> Australia next year so hopefully flights might be cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

we got a price of 929 euro from trailfinders or 888euros from gohop.ie everywhere else was just looking for stupid money and those flights are return to dublin which will have to be changed down the line and are with eithad.

with having a trade and a degree and being 24 what other options do i have other than a working holiday visa and how long do the process's usually take? bear in mind my girlfriend will be coming with me. would it be worth my while looking into a different type of visa?

thanks for help and advice.

Advertisement