Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda presence in D15 this morning?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the cause of closing down the roundabouts around Waterville this morning? :confused:

Took a bit longer to get to work, but hey.. I'm not complaining. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There was a crash on the Snugborough Road apparently. Don't know any more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Really annoying getting to work this morning..

A crash you say? Hmm, some of my colleagues said they saw no firetrucks or ambulances, so they assumed it was a crime investigation - do we have any facts either way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Babycrow

The reports I have heard is:

@ 6.30 there were no damaged vehicles seen at the scene

@ 7.00 there were 8 Garda guarding what looked like shards of glass on the ground.

No reports of tow trucks or ambulances, but that doesn't mean that there weren't any.

The Police are very secretive about what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

A man is dead.

My da drive toward it at 4am and it was sealed off then, the accident was at 11:30pm

I was told this morning that a bloke drove over the barriers down in to the Corduff lane beside the motorway. take that with a pinch of salt but it was a very, very nasty fatal accident.

R.I.P to the victim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Well its on the news.

"The man was travelling alone when his 4x4 vehicle hit a tree on the Snugborough Road at around 11.25pm.
    He was pronounced dead at the scene and was removed to James Connolly Memorial Hospital. No-one else was injured in the incident."

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

Really annoying getting to work this morning..

A crash you say? Hmm, some of my colleagues said they saw no firetrucks or ambulances, so they assumed it was a crime investigation - do we have any facts either way?

At least you made it. Be content. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The news sites say a tree but it looks to have been the sign on the triangle at the bottom of the Snugborough Road before the roundabout. We were on our way from the airport and I got a text about the road being closed...it had reopened by the time we got there but there were vans and tape around the triangle island.

athtrasna wrote: »
    The news sites say a tree but it looks to have been the sign on the triangle at the bottom of the Snugborough Road before the roundabout. We were on our way from the airport and I got a text about the road being closed...it had reopened by the time we got there but there were vans and tape around the triangle island.

I popped down to have a look, not out of nosyness but out of the fact i'm 3 mins walk away.

the car must have come down the right opposite lane on snugboro, tried to go straight through without using the roundabout, and at speed. It went straight through the barriars down in to the valley and tree's. must have been terrible. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Which valley, the side where the cottages are/were or the N3 slip side ? The tree they were talking about in the reports was probably the one it eventually hit when it went off road.

Advertisement