Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running track or well lit park

Options
  • 13-10-2011 8:54am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i am looking for a running track or a well lit park around D11/9/3 areas.

i currently run in Tolka Valley Park which is brilliant but with the dark nights coming in i am not sure i will be able to continue using it. There is no street lighting in the park.

i am not too good at seeing the dark.

thanks

IB

Actually, if there was an indoor running track that would be even better

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure run from Alfie Bynre road and then along the promenade

It's not that well light but it's fine

Plenty around, if you go early morning there are sometimes homeless people in the shelters but they don't bother anyone

Don't go into Fairview Park after dark and at mad hours

irishbird wrote: »
    i am not too good at seeing the dark.

;)
    carrots.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I have no idea where Alfie Byrne Road is ? Is it near Tolka Park? Is there parking there?

I am not worried about people, the park in Finlgas has loads of bumpy paths due to tree roots and i am afraid of falling over them, as i dont run with my glasses on.

I really dont know where Fairview Park is, but i assume it is in Fairview somewhere which is miiiiiiiiiiiiles away from Finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you can get to Clontarf promenade, that was my suggestion

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Ah here, i just looked at Google maps - Alfie Byrne Road is 10 miles away across the city :eek:

I am looking for something in Dublin 3/9/11 - i can just run on the roads around me but i refer to be in park rather than on a main road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote: »
    Ah here, i just looked at Google maps - Alfie Byrne Road is 10 miles away across the city :eek:

I am looking for something in Dublin 3/9/11 - i can just run on the roads around me but i refer to be in park rather than on a main road

There's nice park in drumcondra..Pearse park i think its called..just off Botanic Avenue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement