Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile problem

Options
  • 12-10-2011 11:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

I decided to bring this thread back by posting this question. I am currently with eMobile. Had so many issues with them: poor service, constant overcharge, customer care did not do what I asked them, about 20 phone calls to their customer care within 4 months to fix something, 10 emails with complains, failure to fulfil their promises etc. Is there a way to get out? They told me I'll have to pay 1500 cancellation fee as my contract is still in place. They do not wish to let me go...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

This is totally unconnected with the original subject which was a different company and a legal reason for getting out of contract, so you should really start a new thread, or have this split off by a moderator.

By any chance did you get a free 32GB iphone 4 from E-Mobile 4 months ago and are they just giving you the price of the rest of your 24 month contract?
    If so, it's not a cancellation "fee" at all - it's just what you've already agreed to pay them. Hurts more to pay it all in one rather than monthly, but you still have that option. You seem to be a heavy user like myself.

e-mobile use the same network as meteor as far as I am aware.
    Did you have better coverage when you were with Meteor?
    Do you still have the phone you were using then?
    If it's unlocked, try your sim in it for a few days.

Might be the phone rather than the network, and that can lead to roaming charges and worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

I don't want to start a flame war, but a lot of the coverage complaints seem to come from iPhone owners. Try your SIM in a non-Apple phone, and see if that's the problem - I'd guess that it is.

I've been with eMoblile for a year, but with a Nokia N8, not an iPhone. I've had no coverage issues, except in my workplace, where nothing works (I guess that's why the rent on the office was cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

KrisW wrote: »
    I don't want to start a flame war, but a lot of the coverage complaints seem to come from iPhone owners. Try your SIM in a non-Apple phone, and see if that's the problem - I'd guess that it is.

I've been with eMoblile for a year, but with a Nokia N8, not an iPhone. I've had no coverage issues, except in my workplace, where nothing works (I guess that's why the rent on the office was cheap).

I've been with eMobile for about two months now with no issues either. Using an Omnia 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 yvonne1979

Emobile price plans and coverage are not the problems. In fact they offer good value for money and I've never had a signal or coverage issue. The Customer Service department is the problem. Different staff members give you different stories, it takes ages to speak to someone, you are constantly left on hold, no manager or supervisor available to take your call or answer your question. They promise the earth and then do not deliver. Very poor satisfaction levels! I have lost all hope and am moving to 3.

Good luck to anyone waiting for an iPhone 4.

Advertisement