Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend any good Benchmarks?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 9:37am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone suggest the best or most up to date graphics benchmarks for a desktop PC?

I recently upgraded from a 4870x2 to a Club3D 6870x2 and just wanted to make sure all drivers and everything else are operating correctly.

I have run Furmark (doubled score), 3dmark 06(16k to 19k),Vantage, 2011 and aquamark (lower score). The 3dmark programs suggested the scores I achieved were lower than others with similar hardware but when I tried to investigate the higher scores all seemed to belong to heavily overclocked systems. I always used 3dmark as my first stop in benchmarking, I found the online result browser very good but it seems to have had certain key features removed (moved?) like setting a Mhz range so you are comparing your system with similarly clocked hardware.

So far I'm impressed with the card, its much quieter than I expected especially compared to the 4870x2 when I used the original stock cooler on it, and I havent seen it pass 60C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

moomooman wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone suggest the best or most up to date graphics benchmarks for a desktop PC?

I recently upgraded from a 4870x2 to a Club3D 6870x2 and just wanted to make sure all drivers and everything else are operating correctly.

I have run Furmark (doubled score), 3dmark 06(16k to 19k),Vantage, 2011 and aquamark (lower score). The 3dmark programs suggested the scores I achieved were lower than others with similar hardware but when I tried to investigate the higher scores all seemed to belong to heavily overclocked systems. I always used 3dmark as my first stop in benchmarking, I found the online result browser very good but it seems to have had certain key features removed (moved?) like setting a Mhz range so you are comparing your system with similarly clocked hardware.

So far I'm impressed with the card, its much quieter than I expected especially compared to the 4870x2 when I used the original stock cooler on it, and I havent seen it pass 60C.

Those are the best gpu benchmarks, 3dmark 06 is a bit dated, not getting the best support as used to. Might get some ridiculously low or high scores with newer gen dx11 cards.
    I am using Furmark all the time for stressing and benchmarking gpu`s proved to be the most reliable up to date for me.
    If you dont mind me asking what cooler and case you are using for the card as the 60C temp seems awesome. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Thanks for the reply!

I did a little more testing and maxed the 6870x2 out at 68C running Crysis 2 with the Hi-Def pack and DX11. That was about 30 mins of play with a room temp about 20C.

I'm still really surprised at those temps. I think I will miss my 4870x2 with stock cooler as I used to rely on that to heat my bedroom!! Worked great too! :eek:

My case is an AC Ryan Acrylic, best link I can find:
    http://www.backoffice.be/prod_uk/A.C.Ryan/acr-ac-cl_a.c.ryan_acrylic_casing_tower_clear.asp

I have a Zalman 9900 CNPS (i think those are the letters) CPU cooler which seems good, my I7 920 at 3.0Ghz running a blend test in Prime95 with 8 cores maxes out about 56C.

Very impressed by the 6870x2, every recent game I've been able to max out at 1920x1080. Now to learn Arma 2.... :pac:

20111014211241.jpg20111014211241.jpg
    moodonia

Advertisement