Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewave Wireless alarm - what should I be paying?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All

We're in the process of renovating a house and are looking at installing a new wireless alarm system.

The HKC Securewave Wireless system has been suggested following a site visit. They've suggested the following, which just covers the ground floor.

HKC Securewave Wireless control panel and keypad.
    HKC Wireless Bell-box.
    HKC Decoy Bell-box.
    HKC Internal siren.
    2 X HKC Wireless PIR Motion detectors.
    3 X HKC Wireless Magnetic contacts.
    8 X HKC Wireless Inertia sensors and contacts.

They've suggested another 8 x HKC Wireless Inertia sensors and contacts if we want to cover the first floor of the house (which seems sensible to me?)...

They've also suggested a GSM dialler and a wireless key fob as optional extras.

Could anyone give me their thoughts and an indicative price for this system as the initial quote of €1,350 +VAT for ground floor only seemed high to me. That said, maybe I'm being delusional re costs!

Naturally, we will be getting additional surveys & quotes - but any comments for now would be really welcome :-)

Thanks!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's not too far off the mark. The securewave is a really good system not to be confused with the cheaper Powermax and Pyronix systems. The one thing I would say would be to try get the outside bell wired as it wouldn't need the batteries changed every so often like the wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cillchainnigh

Thanks Fred Funk

A quick follow up question if you don't mind....

Would it generally be recommended that all upsatairs windows also be protected by sensors? Or is this more of a nice to have?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All accessible windows should be protected by sensor and contact. If not accessible it could be optional

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All

We're in the process of renovating a house and are looking at installing a new wireless alarm system.

The HKC Securewave Wireless system has been suggested following a site visit. They've suggested the following, which just covers the ground floor.

HKC Securewave Wireless control panel and keypad.
    HKC Wireless Bell-box.
    HKC Decoy Bell-box.
    HKC Internal siren.
    2 X HKC Wireless PIR Motion detectors.
    3 X HKC Wireless Magnetic contacts.
    8 X HKC Wireless Inertia sensors and contacts.

They've suggested another 8 x HKC Wireless Inertia sensors and contacts if we want to cover the first floor of the house (which seems sensible to me?)...

They've also suggested a GSM dialler and a wireless key fob as optional extras.

Could anyone give me their thoughts and an indicative price for this system as the initial quote of €1,350 +VAT for ground floor only seemed high to me. That said, maybe I'm being delusional re costs!

Naturally, we will be getting additional surveys & quotes - but any comments for now would be really welcome :-)

Thanks!!

Yes, it is expensive for what you have being quoted, I would shop around and get more prices. If considering the GSM and you don't want it to control lights or the heating I would hold off for the cheaper version that will slot direct onto the PCB. It is out in late next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

It is the best of wireless systems currently on the market. If though you think you are been over charged then you are wrong.

Any less than that price then an installer is doing it for cost. Personally speaking, these tight jobs leave a bad taste in installers mouths and they become contenters in the race to the bottom.

If you want quality....you know the rest.

• Advertisement

If you are buying the system for that price kub I would get on to your supplier.
    I do agree with you, it is a very good and reliable system.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cillchainnigh

altor wrote: »
    If you are buying the system for that price kub I would get on to your supplier.
    I do agree with you, it is a very good and reliable system.

Hi Altor - thanks for the comments. Would you mind giving me an indication of what you would consider a reasonable price for this system? Also, are there any installers that you (or anyone else) would recommend.

Please feel free to PM if you'd prefer!

Thanks again

Hi Altor - thanks for the comments. Would you mind giving me an indication of what you would consider a reasonable price for this system? Also, are there any installers that you (or anyone else) would recommend.

Please feel free to PM if you'd prefer!

Thanks again

P.M sent.

Advertisement