Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering meter readings online

Options
  • 13-10-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hello Captain Morgan,

It can take a few days for the correct bill to be reissued, however the direct debit is withdrawn 14 days after the bill is issued. It could be a situation where the bill was not reissued in time and the direct debit for the original bill was collected. The next billing date is displayed within the online billing system. We would ask that customers enter meter readings before the bill is due to be issued.

If you would like me to look into your account can you please PM me the details?

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sorry for hijack!

Just wondering what is the setup with readings for gas. If the reading is entered on your site via 'account online' do you have to submit this to bord gais networks to confirm before a bill is issued, or how does it work. Would be it better to submit the reading on the BG networks site?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Davy,

No problem! :)

If you submit the gas reading to the ESB Electric Ireland website, there will be an automatic liaison between ESB Electric Ireland and Bord Gais Networks, so your work is done once you submit it via our website.

All the best,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi Davy,

No problem! :)

If you submit the gas reading to the ESB Electric Ireland website, there will be an automatic liaison between ESB Electric Ireland and Bord Gais Networks, so your work is done once you submit it via our website.

All the best,
    Una

Why are the bills not issued every 58 days the electricity ones?

Ends up being all over the place unless you enter the reading just before the bill is estimated to be drawn up. Entering electric readings has no effect on bill date.

So i have had 6 bills since January. Its a bit of a joke.
    09-Aug-2012
    17-Jul-2012
    31-May-2012
    05-Apr-2012
    08-Feb-2012
    31-Jan-2012

Meter has been read once i think so i need to be able to enter readings. I did ask the question on the contact us page on the site, but never got a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Davy,

Are any of the bills above replacement invoices? (This would be stated on the first page of the bill). Gas bills should issue every two months (or 60 days approx.) just like electricity bills, as you can see from this sample bill.
    Davy wrote:
    I did ask the question on the contact us page on the site, but never got a reply.

When did you submit this query? I can chase this up if you like. If you would PM me the following info:
    • Your account number, and confirmation you are the account holder
    • Your contact number and date of birth, for account security
    Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement