Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corianduh?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've been getting into spicy recipes recently, and it seems that most recipes call for a sprinkling of coriander to cool the heat. That's grand, but I don't know how to chop coriander. In the past, I've been pulling the leaves off the stalks and just sort of tearing them in half like they're lettuce. Is that just over thinking it? Can I just roll the whole lot up and chop stalks and all? What method gives the best flavour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just chop it up, stalks and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

corblimey wrote: »
    I've been getting into spicy recipes recently, and it seems that most recipes call for a sprinkling of coriander to cool the heat. That's grand, but I don't know how to chop coriander. In the past, I've been pulling the leaves off the stalks and just sort of tearing them in half like they're lettuce. Is that just over thinking it? Can I just roll the whole lot up and chop stalks and all? What method gives the best flavour?

Very finely chop the stalks as they can be a bit fibrous and chop up the leaves roughly, so you they still have some texture. I find that works best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Corianbleuuuughhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Best flavour for herbs is to tear them by hand not cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Des wrote: »
    Corianbleuuuughhhhh

Blasphemy!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement