Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

international 684

• 13-10-2011 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

wondering if anyone can help me

i have a international 684 with a 'tanco 968' front loader
    i was going to buy a bale spike to suit the loader but my neighbour reckons it will get it tight to lift a round bale of silage and so might be money down the drain

does anyone have a similar tractor/loader?

ps she will lift one on the back no bother but it would make life a whole lot easier if i could handle with the front loader

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Don't have one but I'd be inclined to agree with the neighbour, a lot depends on the bales though as a wet fusion bale is probably twice as heavy as a dry welger rp12 bale.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I stacked silage bales 3 high with a ford 46 and tanco 978 loader with out any problems. I used to stack 800 bales a year with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I have an old tanco loaders spec sheet, the 968 is only rated to 700kg.

depends on how heavy the bales are, it might cope, but you could be close to it's limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

should be ok. we had an international 674 with a quickie loader. Lifted Krone Round Pack bales with no problems, and wet ones too. was very hard in steering though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 orchardfarmer

cheers lads, think i'll chance her!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭case 5150

she wil lift them alrite but wil b v light on the rear with 1 on de front and also wil break your hearth bursting the stub axle bearings for support with the excess weight on front. so i wouldnt bother trying it if it was me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JimCorrFan

I have a International 584. If you get a heavy bale it will only lift it two or three foot off the ground. Alot of pressure on the tractor to be honest, then again tou will have a few extra hp than I.

Advertisement