Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Fault

• 13-10-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My Eircom broadband speeds have dropped recently, rang them and they said that there appears to be a fault.

Engineer called out and said that the line is fine - it's an internal fault.

What could be causing an internal fault?

I've got a router, wireless access point, hub and 3 phones. Also have 3 sky boxes but don't have them connected to the phones (sssh :P ). Also have a monitored alarm.

Could a phone be causing the problem? As far as I know there are filters on all the phones (need to double check tho).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Disconnect all the phones, and any other devices, other than the modem itself. You might not be able to disconnect the alarm.

Connect the modem directly to the main phone point, with no filter, with a short a cable as possible. Then, check your line stats. If they've improved, it was something connected that was causing the issue, or possibly the alarm, if you can't disconnect that. If it still hasn't improved, get back onto your ISP and get them to check the line again. Bear in mind, it still may be down to a wiring issue with the loop/sockets in your house.

Advertisement