Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study of Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

this thread might help in what is needed in Rush:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055988484&page=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Crow92 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm an architecture student doing a project on rush. I'm just wondering one or two things:

Are there are any cultural events/festivals that happen in rush during the year? What are they and what spaces in the town are used? (Maybe you could google map the spot and post it here?)

What would benefit Rush in terms of public spaces? And what is the town lacking in currently?

Are there many social problems or vandalism in Rush?

Any opinions on the matter would be much appreciated.

*Edit*
    This is the site in question, (the grass plot at the end of the housing.)
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Tower+St&daddr=Tower+St&hl=en&sll=53.520021,-6.078218&sspn=0.001741,0.005284&geocode=FW6mMAMdNEKj_w%3BFT2mMAMdT0Gj_w&vpsrc=0&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=18&t=h&z=18
    We are to design a credit union and a public space.

Also, do kids play football on this spot?

Which side of the road are you building? Hard to tell from that link.

P.S we already have a credit union

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi OP - A couple of things that I should point out...

Firstly, these fora are for discussion of local topics - what you are looking for is a drop-box for local posters to provide input to your research.

Secondly, you've asked for opinions on several matters - do not be surprised if this thread turns into a mish-mash of posts about festivals, vandalism & public spaces.

You would really be best using the forum search function & digging out the details for yourself from previous threads. Not to mention hopping on the 33 bus & taking a walk out to the Hand Park & having a look for yourself & chatting directly to the locals.

I'll leave this open for the time being to see if you can get any information of value from local posters, but if it get's unweidly it will be closed.

@All - If you have links to any relevant sites that may assist the OP in getting local info (eg, Rush Community Council - feel free to post them here).

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Its a little unclear from your map what you are doing.

You will not get planning where you have marked out on the map if you intend building a structure and if you do get planning you will have some battle on your hands.

Rush is a very good town, very similar to many others in Fingal. We dont escape vandals, but where does?, yet Its not as bad as other areas.
    When you speak of social problems this covers a multitude of issues, there is underage drinking and drugs like every other town in Ireland but like the vandalism I dont believe its as bad as other places. Our current econimic climate is causing a lot of stress in familes again just like everywhere else

We have Scoil Samrah Chris Langan, a festival and showcase of Irish music and we have the Harbour festival which ran for the first time this year. We used to have a maybush festival but this stopped a number of years ago.There is also a good theatre festival

If there is one thing we need its more outdoor activities for families, a decent sized playground or a coastal historical walk. The clubs in the town do a good job for the youth but not every child takes part in sports. Possibly a dedicated senior citizens clubhouse would be great for the town.

Is this a private venture or have you been commissioned to take this on? If so who are you working for?

In my opinion Rush has been severly neglected for many years and anything positive which will benefit the community would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Thanks for the reply leo, a good amoun of information to read there.

It's actually just a design project that our tutors have given us. As students our tutors usually select sites and give us a brief to design around and we come up with idea's, sketches, drawings and models regarding our designs.
    No actual building, so no need to consider planning permission.

I've read a good bit of the other threads that answered some of my other questions too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement