Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

53 Grain Hornady Superformance .223 Data

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I chrono'd some 53gr superformance today, and I didn't get any where near tack's velocities. My average velocity was 3430fps, highest was 3441, lowest was 3406. I shot a little under a 1" 5 shot group at 225 with them, buy I'm sure I can do better tomorrow. I'm very happy with them so far since this is the closest I've ever gotten to advertised velocity out of my rifle. I think they're going to be a deadly foxing round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

declan1980 wrote: »
    I chrono'd some 53gr superformance today, and I didn't get any where near tack's velocities. My average velocity was 3430fps, highest was 3441, lowest was 3406. I shot a little under a 1" 5 shot group at 225 with them, buy I'm sure I can do better tomorrow. I'm very happy with them so far since this is the closest I've ever gotten to advertised velocity out of my rifle. I think they're going to be a deadly foxing round

Can I just ask what is your twist rate in your barrel?

dev110 wrote: »
    Can I just ask what is your twist rate in your barrel?

1:8 twist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I look forward to tomorrows updates. I'm working so no fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

1:8 twist

Them custom Trueflite must be magic :D

I taught I had a theory that Hornady used a slower twist like 1-12 as the custom barrels were getting faster speeds with faster twist rates but you blew up that theory :D

• Advertisement

They preformed well tonight Dec.181816.jpg

We must do it again.

They preformed well tonight Dec.181816.jpg

We must do it again.

They sure did alright. You won't feckin believe this, but as I was driving away last night a feckin huge fox ran out onto the road in front of me not fifty yards from where we had the cars parked. Is that a classic case of murphys law or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

Here's a ballistics gel test upload for the 52gr Hornady Superformance in .223

Awesome wound channels.

I have seen the damage on a fox, and it is deadly.
    Perhaps the best fox round in a while, I can't wait to push them past 350.
    I've not had a chance with the days so short.

Advertisement