Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italia 90

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Refuse to let this thread die...was ten or so and t'was best time ever ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Dotrel wrote: »
    Bizarre video. Ashley Grimes hiding in the background and some other fella behind Charlie O'Leary who I don't recognise.

Also Ireland are playing some game at Dalymount that I don't think was even during the Charlton years? :confused: Possibly v Malta?

I it was Morocco. I was at the game.

Edit Link: http://www.footballdatabase.eu/football.coupe.irlande.maroc.27158.en.html

/edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have to say I felt guilty after the penalty shoot out with Romania. Technically they were a much better team and they kept us under pressure for most of the game though most of the shots they took were outside the box.
    There was a dude on the floor in front of me praying when the penalties were being taken. Good times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I can only remember Ireland playing in Dalymount once during the Charlton years,a nil all draw against France,I think Andy Townsend might have made his debut that night,I found that clip a cool channel on Youtube channel,username is East Terracer he has some class clips of old Ireland games from the early 90s,as for that dude behing Charlie O Leary,is it Mark Kelly?

I checked the FAI site,Ireland did play in Dalymount a few times during the Charlton years but I can only remember the
    France game

Jesus i was at that France game at Dalymount my Dad took me along. Seemed like there was 100,000 at the game but you know how big a crowd looks when your young.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus i was at that France game at Dalymount my Dad took me along. Seemed like there was 100,000 at the game but you know how big a crowd looks when your young.

I decided to watch a bit of The Road To Italy video last night,highlights of the France game is on it,your right the terraces looked wedged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Just seen this,only uploaded a few days ago,any of you guys in this??

Love the way everybody acts to the video camera, as something unusual:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Something I've always wondered:

Does the phrase "the craic was ninety" come from that time?

As in "the craic was just like it was during Italia '90".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Adamantium wrote: »
    Love the way everybody acts to the video camera, as something unusual:D

Back then it was, they were the old days ya know:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

I decided to watch a bit of The Road To Italy video last night,highlights of the France game is on it,your right the terraces looked wedged.

love the video, i've watched it loads of time as a young lad. i remember at one of my older brothers parties 6/7 months after the world cup watching that video and we were celebrating as if we were back watching the games live. i must look that video up on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Walkinstown Roundabout after we won against Romania.

EDIT: FECK, beaten to it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Iggy Pop wrote: »
    Did anyone read "Whats the story", a book about the Irish fans during the '90 WC. Theres some fcucking very funny sh!t in it. Theres one about 'Davy Keogh says hello' (anyone remember him and his huge banner?) and another one about a fella who was seeing his mates off in Rosslare and ended up geting pissed and going with them without telling his wfe, arrives in Italy and goes on the piss again and falls asleep and misses the match.
    WC '90 made it a fcuking brilliant Summer.

Anyone know who wrote or published this book " what's the story"

Like to get my hands on a copy of it and can't find any details or listings about it

Cheers for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

That's a brilliant video right there, brought me right back. We were doing something similar outside The Coast Inn in Skerries. Happy days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Something I've always wondered:

Does the phrase "the craic was ninety" come from that time?

As in "the craic was just like it was during Italia '90".

The "craic was ninety in the Isle of Man" was the name of a song made famous by Christy Moore (and Paddy Reilly I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Iggy Pop

baz909 wrote: »
    Anyone know who wrote or published this book " what's the story"

Like to get my hands on a copy of it and can't find any details or listings about it

Cheers for your help

Info at this link
    http://openlibrary.org/books/OL1458455M/What's_the_story

Advertisement