Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So called professional snagger!

Options
  • 13-10-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Ok well i had a snagger come in and snag my new house at a cost of €150. tbh all he came up with was cosmetic stuff about touching up paint and removing paint off things.... This wouldnt bother me if that was all that was wrong with the house.

I went back to re snag the house and found that the front door frame was hung very badly and as a result the front door does not open fully and the door bell can not be hung flush on the frame at the front. i have compared this to other houses in the development and its only a problem with the property i intend buying. I have sent off the new list to the developer (nice head ache for him).

The issue i have is that having paid the so called professional snagger €150 he didnt pick up on this major fault (i did find other more trivial stuff). I am just curious do i have any avenue i can follow in trying to get any of the money back? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You have rights under the Sale of Goods and Services Act, it doesn't just apply to stuff you buy in a shop. Best thing to do is first talk to the guy and see if he'll come to an agreement. Failing that, the Small Claims Court which will cost you €15 and the price of a stamp, no attendance involved.

Advertisement