Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gresham Hotel

• 13-10-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭

Ok City Centre Hotel,bso I know it's not a place to be coming for value. The mother had arranged to meet me there so we said we'd get something small to eat. I expect the prices to be a bit saucier than usual. All the same I thought the below was simply outrageous;

avsGLq

avsGGf

€4 for a tea and almost a fiver for a Hot Chocolate. Granted the sandwich isn't that bad @ €7.50 pricewise but for what you got it was far too expensive; poor quality sandwich and about 10 chips in total.

I dunno maybe I'm not in tune with what tourist trap city centre hotels are charging but given the economic climate etc etc....

As an aside, the Gresham has gone backwards from an aesthetic p.o.v - very tatty looking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

remember the big comfy chairs, the decent size table and the good space to stretch out, all costs money.

Many hotel tea/coffee araes are taken up by meetings which last an hour or more and all the hotel gets is the price of a sandwich/coffee, hence they charge appropriately.

ifs its a quick cuppa / sambo, loads of places around half the price - but for comfort, a place to meet & do business it's extremely good value as is the shelbourne & westbury - all crazy prices if its a quick cuppa you want, but superb value as a "meeting room"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Reasonable price for A Hot chocolate. Out of intrest as it spilled on arrival?

Advertisement