Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could there be a mistake 350 to upgrade to Galaxy S II

Options
  • 13-10-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering could there be a mistake..

Was in the CPW last week and have a Galaxy S thinking of upgrading to the Galaxy S II

I was told that I would still have to pay 199.99 and that is allowing me 150 for a trade in to get the new Galaxy S II......

I wonder is that correct ? Surely its not that much a prepay on the website currently retails at 579 ....didn't think the prices were that close 350 v 579
    Thought the 579 was higher as well in their book but I could be incorrect...

Last year when I got the Galaxy S I paid less than 100 might be 89 with a 40 trade in

The same assistant told me as well that the billpay are all 18 and 24 but on later reading of the book found that there was a 12 month as well which is why I am now wondering was there a mistake in the calculation....

I am currently on a 35 / month which was a 12 month contract (just finished) with Meteor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

What network....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Meesared wrote: »
    What network....

Sorry its on Meteor 35 / month 200 200 1G data

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

just looking at the Meteor forum and some others have been quoted prices similar so its probably correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Do you regularly go over your minutes? If so, Tesco Mobile may be an option - they started Pay Monthly plans this week.

Their plans seem pretty poor for low usage users (the phone is expensive at €239.99 for the 18 month €45 plan but is free for the 18 month €55 plan - meaning it works out cheaper overall and you get more minutes, texts and data).

The Tesco €55 plan allows for 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 2GB data and costs €990 over the 18 months.

Your Meteor upgrade would allow for 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB data and cost €829.99 over 18 months.

Three's 18 month plan would cost €889 over 18 months for the cheapest plan (350 flexi units).

eMobile's Select 300 18 month plan (assumming you're an Eircom customer) would cost €891 over 18 months and give you 300 minutes, 300 texts and 2GB data.

All the above prices include the monthly tariff and the phone cost. You'd need to be sure you have coverage with whatever network you go for - eMobile uses the same network as Meteor and Tesco is the same as O2 coveragewise.

Given the above information, I think the €61.01 extra for eMobile would be worthwhile as you'd be on the same network and, for €3.39 per month extra, you'd have 100 minutes, 100 texts and 1GB data extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

My advice would be to unlock the Galaxy S and port to a prepay plan like this.

Then, after a few months, check what phones are available (obviously, there'll be plans for the new iPhone and probably a few new Androids). At that point, port back to Meteor as a new user.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

That seems a bit high. I paid 150 for the same phone on the same contract about a month ago. Heard that the price has gone up to 200 since but 350 seems an awful lot

Advertisement